Say hello to my over-the-top Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars. Thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars with a thick layer of two-ingredient chocolate fudge hiding right in the middle.
Chocolate fudge + chocolate chip cookies = THESE 👆🏻
Who knew Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars could be made even better with a deliciously rich ribbon of chocolate fudge. These Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars are outrageous in the best kind of way.
They’re chewy, gooey and altogether irresistible! ❤️
Chocolate Chip Cookies are my love language. I’ll take a warm cookie straight outta the oven any day. But when you take buttery chocolate chip cookie dough and stuff it with two-ingredient chocolate fudge? Well then it’s GAME OVER.
I’m not sure anything can compare to these Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars. They are next level. An 11/10 on a scale of deliciousness.
And I’m not sorry.
Did you know that sweetened condensed milk + chocolate chips makes that incredibly fudgy chocolate layer?! 👇🏻
It’s magic I tell you. Pure chocolate magic. And we can never go back.
TIPS FOR MAKING FUDGE STUFFED COOKIE BARS
- These Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars are quick and easy to make. You will need an electric mixer for this recipe.
- First you need to make the chocolate chip cookie dough. Make sure your butter is at room temperature – not fridge cold. Beat together the butter and sugar. We use brown sugar in this recipe for extra caramel flavour and colour. Next comes the vanilla and eggs. You will need one whole egg and an extra egg yolk for moisture.
- Finally, the flour, baking soda and chocolate chips. You can use any kind of chocolate chip – I prefer milk chocolate chips.
- The chocolate fudge is made using just two ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. I prefer to use dark chocolate to offset the sweetness of the condensed milk.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then stir in the sweetened condensed milk. It should be smooth and chocolate-y.
- Place half the chocolate chip cookie dough in an 8-inch square baking pan that’s been lined with baking or parchment paper. Spread out to form one even layer. Then pour over the chocolate fudge.
- Use your hands to break out the rest of the cookie dough and place it on top of the fudge. Try to join it together to cover the fudge – but a few holes here and there is ok!
- Bake for 25 minutes or so until the cookie is golden. You’ll need to give the cookie time to cool and set. I recommend placing the whole thing in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set before slicing and serving.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY:
Big, buttery chocolate chip cookie bars with a thick layer of chocolate fudge.
Chocolate chip cookie dough
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 350 grams (2 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat again until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and beat until a soft dough forms. Add chocolate chips and gently stir.
- Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan to form one even layer.
- To make the chocolate fudge, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir together until combined. Pour over the bottom layer of cookie dough.
- Grab the other half of your cookie dough and break it up into pieces and place all over the top of the chocolate fudge. Try to spread it out to completely over the chocolate fudge – don’t worry if there are a few gaps.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before placing in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. Cut into small slices and serve.
*A few readers have let me know that the chocolate fudge is quite sweet, so if you like, you can half the fudge portion of the cookies. Simply follow the same directions but use 1/2 cup of condensed milk and 1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Keywords: Chocolate chip cookie bars, Fudge stuffed cookies, Fudge stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars