These heavenly Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so easy to make. With a ribbon of Nutella running right through the middle, these buttery cookie bars will become a family favourite.
Do I have a treat for you. I know I say that every week but this time there is N-u-t-e-l-l-a. That right there, is a Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar in all its glory.
A soft baked cookie dough studded with chocolate chips and a thick layer of Nutella running right through the middle.
These cookie bars are ooey, gooey and just plain finger-lickin good. Especially with a cold glass of milk. If you love chocolate chip cookies and can eat spoonfuls of Nutella at a time, then this 👆🏻 is definitely for you.
These Nutella Stuffed Cookie Bars boast a tender, golden crumb with a soft middle, laced with chocolate. The ribbon of Nutella just puts these bars over the top, making them completely irresistible.
While there will always be room for cake, cookies have a special place in my heart. I’ll take them in any shape or form – cookies bars, cookie cakes, cookie cups, ALL THE COOKIES.
I particularly love soft baked ones with melty pieces of chocolate, so this recipe just ticks all the boxes for me. And you’ll love just how easy these cookie bars are to make.
So is any one else freaking out that Christmas is less than one month away? 2017 where did you go?
I don’t know about you but I’ve been craving all the Christmas foods this week, especially gingerbread! I absolutely LOVE gingerbread. I went to make a batch of my gingerbread cookies the other day but realised my molasses was a year out of date 😂
So for the time being, I’m satisfying my cookie cravings with these beauties. And I think you need to too. Go on, do it!
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with chocolate chips and a thick layer of Nutella running right through the middle.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and mix briefly to combine. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and mix until a soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and gently stir.
- Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan to form one even layer. Add the Nutella and spread into one even layer.
- Then grab the other half of your cookie dough and break it up into pieces and pop on top of the Nutella. Use your fingers to join the cookie dough together so the Nutella is fully covered.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 25-28 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool completely in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie bar
Keywords: Nutella cookie bars, Nutella stuffed cookies