Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies – is there anything better?
These soft and chewy cookies are made with melted butter which ensures a super soft and buttery texture – my absolute favourite.
Take that and add a bucketload of chocolate chips and you have the perfect chocolate chip cookie ❤️
Is there anything better than a fresh out of the oven Chocolate Chip Cookie? One that’s gooey in the middle and loaded with chocolate chips? It’s one of my favourite treats.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe produces golden brown cookies that just about melt-in-your-mouth. The secret is in the melted butter and brown sugar.
The melted butter ensures they stay soft and chewy even after they cool. You just have to make sure you chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least one hour before baking, to ensure the cookies don’t spread out too much.
Meanwhile, the brown sugar adds flavour and moisture.
Obviously there are so many variations of cookies these days, but the old Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie is still one of the best.
You’ll find these cookies produce a nice buttery dough that blends perfectly with milk chocolate chips. Of course, you could add whatever chips you prefer, white, dark, even butterscotch!
Classic soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies made with melted butter.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour and baking soda and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Chill cookie dough in the fridge for AT LEAST one hour. Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Roll large balls of cookie dough using your hands and place on oven tray. Bake for 10-11 minutes. While the cookie are still warm, add a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 185
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate chip, Cookies