These Classic Peanut Butter Cookies are sure to become a family favourite. Rolled in sugar and baked until golden, they make for a crispy, crunchy, peanut butter treat.
Calling all peanut butter enthusiasts!
Today we’re going back to the classics with the perfect Peanut Butter Cookie 👌🏻 These big, buttery cookies are filled to the brim with creamy peanut butter, rolled in crunchy sugar and baked until golden.
They’re thick, chewy and they just about melt-in-your-mouth.
We love our cookies around here, in all shapes and sizes ❤️ Whether it’s chunky Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies or chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies or super thick Chocolate Oreo Cookies.
But let’s be real. Sometimes there is nothing quite like the classics and these Peanut Butter Cookies are one of the best. They’re soft and buttery in the centre, but with a little crunch from the sugar. It’s pure perfection.
These big Peanut Butter Cookies are a staple in my own kitchen. You don’t need any fancy ingredients so they’re perfect for last-minute guests or when those peanut butter cravings hit.
You don’t even need to chill the cookie dough, meaning these cookies are a total lifesaver. Ready in just 40 minutes, you could be sitting down to your own big batch of Classic Peanut Butter Cookies in mere minutes.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- These Peanut Butter Cookies are super quick and easy to make.
- For maximum flavour and the perfect consistency, make sure you use a full fat processed peanut butter, like Bega, Jif or Skippy instead of the natural kind.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar before adding, vanilla, peanut butter and egg.
- Sift your flour and baking soda before adding to the cookie dough.
- Scoop cookie dough and roll into balls using you hands. Roll each one in a bowl of demerara sugar.
- Use a fork to press down on each ball of cookie dough to form a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool completely before enjoying with a cold glass of milk.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Buttery peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar and baked to perfection.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) demerara or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat using an electric beater on medium speed for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Roll cookie dough, approximately 1.5 tablespoons each, into balls and roll in extra sugar.
- Place on prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Use a fork to flatten the cookies and create a criss-cross pattern.
- Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Comment