It all started with a craving.
I needed a peanut butter cookie. But not just any peanut butter cookie, I wanted a Classic Peanut Butter Cookie. Rolled in sugar, with the perfect criss cross marks, and baked to perfection. So I made (and ate) these.
Trust me, these Classic Peanut Butter Cookies will satisfy all your peanut butter cravings.
So you guys, I’m such a long way from home right now. I’m in Nashville, Tennessee! We are loving it (of course), and have already heard some amazing live music and eaten more than our fair share of barbecue.
I’ve also tried fried green tomatoes, hush puppies and cornbread hoecake. Hellooo southern food!
So back to business. I don’t know what it is that makes a peanut butter cookie so good. But their slightly crunchy edges and smooth centre makes me weak at the knees. And straight out of the oven? Oh boy! That is one sweet treat.
So if you’re looking for an easy but oh-so-delicious snack, you need to try these perfect Peanut Butter Cookies. They’re so simple to make and they will easily feed a crowd!
One thing that makes these Peanut Butter Cookies so special is their beautiful buttery flavour. The brown sugar adds caramel notes and by rolling them in sugar before baking, it gives them a more crispy texture – which I just love.
Perfect peanut butter cookies, with crispy golden edges and a soft buttery centre – well, what are you waiting for? Go bake! x
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Buttery peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar and baked to perfection.
- Yield: Makes 14 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) demerara or granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the egg and beat smooth.
- Add the sifted flour and baking soda and mix briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and roll in extra sugar. Place on prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Use a fork to flatten the cookies and create a criss-cross pattern.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.