You’ll love these Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies made using roasted Cornflakes. Packed with sticky marshmallows and chocolate chips, these thin and crispy cookies taste amazing.
Cornflake magic right here 👆🏻
40 cookies later, with an almost empty box of Cornflakes, I stumbled upon the best Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookie.
They’re sticky and gooey, with crispy edges and pockets of melted marshmallows and chocolate chips. They are also packed with toasted crunchy Cornflakes.
These gorgeous cookies were inspired by Milk Bar’s famous Cornflake cookie. You know I’m a big Christina Tosi fan, so I wanted to make a Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookie that was similar to her famous creation, but easy to make at home. After a few failed attempts I finally got there!
These Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies are super thin and crispy.
While I love big, fat, chunky cookies, like my Chocolate Oreo Cookies and Walnut Chocolate Cookies, I also love chewy cookies. Especially when they’re PACKED with toasty, roasty Cornflakes.
To achieve their crispy but chewy texture, they have a high butter to flour ratio, which means chilling the dough for these cookies is a MUST.
As they flatten out naturally in the oven, all the good stuff hiding inside (I’m looking at you marshmallows) will come to the surface. So you’ll end up with pockets of melted marshmallows, crunchy cornflakes and chocolate chips in every single bite.
I also added a touch of cinnamon, taking a little bit of inspiration from my favourite Chewy Raisin Oatmeal Cookies.
When recipe testing for these cookies, I learnt that adding cornflakes straight into the dough, makes a cookie that tastes like it’s filled with stale cornflakes. Not ideal. The answer? Toast your cornflakes in the oven before adding them to your cookie dough. Not only does it make them more crisp, but also adds depth of flavour.
The end result is a really lovely cookie with loads of flavour and texture. I’m in love with the sticky, buttery puddles the cookies develop as they are cooling – can you see them? So much to love.
Even though I wish I could fly to New York every time a craving for a Cornflake cookie hits, I’m glad I can now make my own at home. And now you can too!
Tips for making Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies
- These Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies are made using toasted cornflakes. All you need to do is spread the Cornflakes out on a baking tray and bake them in the oven for approximately 13 minutes. This way the Cornflakes will be extra crunchy and their flavour is enhanced.
- The cookie dough MUST be refrigerated for AT LEAST 1 hour before baking. Otherwise the cookies will spread too much in the oven when baked.
- They will be quite fragile when they come out of the oven, so leave them on the trays for at least 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
More cookie recipes to try
- Cornflake Cookies
- Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Lemon Drizzle Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies
Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies filled with toasted crunchy cornflakes.
- 45 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Cornflakes
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 C (340 F) standard / 150 C (300 F) fan-forced. Add Cornflakes to an oven tray and spread out into one layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat until pale and creamy (approximately 2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined.
- Next, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, if using. Crush the toasted cornflakes using your hands until they are broken into smaller pieces. No need to be exact here. Then add your cornflakes, marshmallows and chocolate chips to your dough and mix briefly until combined.
- Cover your dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 hour. This is important otherwise your cookies will spread too much.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons) and roll into balls using your hands, place on oven trays, ensuring there is enough room for the cookies to flatten out in the oven.
- Bake your cookies for approximately 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are quite thin and chewy. For a slightly thicker cookie, add an extra 35 grams (1/4 cup) plain flour.
Leave a Comment