You’ll love these easy Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies. Filled to the brim with sticky marshmallows, chocolate chunks and roasted peanuts, they’re an amazing rocky road treat.
Best. Cookies. Ever. ❤️
Thin and crispy, chewy and sticky. These chocolate cookies are next level. Stuffed with mini marshmallows, roasted peanuts and chunky pieces of chocolate, they are the ultimate chocolate treat. The finishing touch is a sprinkling of sea salt.
With sticky puddles of melted marshmallows, gooey dark chocolate, and salted peanuts in EVERY bite, these cookies are a rocky road lovers’ delight.
I have always been a big, thick cookie enthusiast but lately, I’ve been craving thin and crispy cookies more and more. I could eat my Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies ALL DAY LONG.
So it was only a matter of time until I came up with a thin and chewy chocolate cookie. A sweet and salty cookie that has pretty much everything that’s good in life. And here it is in all its glory >
So how do you make a good thin and crispy cookie? First, you need the perfect ratio of butter, sugar and flour. This cookie dough doesn’t require any chilling, otherwise they will be much thicker. Baking the dough straight away will ensure they are lovely and thin.
This also means you will end up with super crispy edges and chewy pockets of melted marshmallows. And using chopped chocolate instead of chocolate chips, guarantees an overload of chocolate! #yesplease
Then there’s the roasted peanuts = my new FAVE thing to add to a cookie. They add the perfect crunch AND a touch of salt, which makes these Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies simply AMAZING.
It’s like a little slice of rocky road heaven. So if you love chewy chocolate cookies with crispy corners and buttery middles, you need to try these Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies.
Once these cookies are baked to perfection, you will need to let them cool completely as they are extra fragile. So be patient and you will be rewarded with an extra special chewy chocolately treat.
My only other advice, is to invite some friends over when you make these because they are irresistible! Honestly, you will not be able to stop at one – well I know I sure couldn’t!
5 REASONS WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE COOKIES
- They’re quick and easy to make
- You don’t need to chill the cookie dough
- They’re full of chocolate and marshmallows
- They’re thin and crispy with gooey centres
MORE COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY
- Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Amazing chewy chocolate marshmallow cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 30 grams (1/2 cup) mini marshmallows
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) roasted salted peanuts
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) dark chocolate chunks
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two cookie or oven trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Next, add cocoa powder, flour and baking soda. Beat until a soft dough forms. Add marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate to your dough and stir briefly.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls, approximately 1.5 tablespoons each, and place on prepared trays, ensuring there is enough room for the cookie to spread out.
- Bake for approximately 10-11 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt. Leave to cool for at least 5 minutes on the tray before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*If you prefer your cookies thicker, you can add 35 grams (1/4 cup) more plain flour. The cookies will turn out more cakey, like my Chunky Walnut Chocolate Cookies.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in March 2017.