You’ll love these thick and chewy Nutella Cookies. Soft chocolate chip cookies filled to the brim with chocolate chips and swirled with Nutella – they just might be my favourite cookie.
I seriously LOVE Nutella Cookies ❤️
Well, let’s be real. I just love Nutella. And cookies. So putting the two together just makes perfect sense. Big, buttery chocolate chip cookies swirled with Nutella and sprinkled with sea salt.
Thick and chewy Nutella Cookies For. The. Win.
It took me SO long to get these cookies just right. I first tried by making Nutella Cookies with Nutella mixed right into the batter. But I was continually disappointed with the results, which lacked flavour and had a weird texture.
But finally, I tried only swirling Nutella into the batter, and I got everything I wanted. Crisp edges, a buttery soft centre, and plenty of gooey chocolate – and all the hazelnut goodness of Nutella.
It’s like a chocolate chip cookie met Nutella and made a sweet love child 💕
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA COOKIES
These Nutella Cookies are super easy to make. Once you make the basic chocolate chip cookie dough, you add 1/3 cup of Nutella and then beat or stir very briefly – just enough to swirl the batter.
They have a little less sugar in them (because of all the Nutella) and plenty of chocolate chips to boot. There’s NO need to chill the dough which means these cookies are quick and easy to make. Once baked, the Nutella helps give the cookies a little extra crispy crust, but the soft centre is still there.
Honestly, these Nutella Cookies are the BEST.
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA STUFFED COOKIES
The next best thing to these Nutella Cookies is Nutella Stuffed Cookies. I have a number of Nutella Stuffed recipes on my site worth trying, including these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies AND these Nutella Stuffed Cookie Cups.
The trick? Freezing teaspoons of Nutella and then stuffing them inside the cookie dough. Once baked, you’ll get a lava of Nutella at the first bite.
MORE NUTELLA RECIPES
And if you love these Nutella cookies, you might also want to try these amazing Nutella recipes:
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
- Nutella Oreo Cheesecake
- Nutella Rocky Road Bark
- Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies swirled with Nutella
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1/3 cup) Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour and baking soda and beat until combined. Add chocolate chips. Add Nutella and beat VERY briefly until cookie dough is swirled but not completely mixed through.
- Take 1.5 tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll into balls and place on baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Add a few chocolate chips on top and sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Nutella Cookies, Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies,