Easy Nutella Chocolate Mousse made with just a handful of ingredients. This no bake dessert can be made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for entertaining. It’s gluten-free and egg-free too.
Calling all Nutella fans! ❤️
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that everyone will love, try my Easy Nutella Chocolate Mousse. It’s rich, creamy and oh-so-chocolately.
With plenty of whipped cream and a hint of hazelnuts from the Nutella, it’s a seriously delicious dessert.
I love easy desserts and trust me, it doesn’t get any easier than this no-fuss Nutella Chocolate Mousse. You only need 4 ingredients to make the mousse itself. It’s a delicious mix of Nutella, cream cheese, a dash of vanilla and loads of whipped cream.
You don’t need any eggs, but you’ll still get that creamy, mousse-like texture that everyone loves. And it’s gluten free too!
You can serve this mousse with almost anything. I love to add a dollop of whipped cream or mascarpone and a few fresh berries. It helps cut through the sweetness and makes for one impressive dessert.
I first made this recipe back in 2015, and it’s been my go-to dessert for entertaining ever since. Why? Because you can make it ahead of time, it comes together in a flash and everyone always loves it. So what are you waiting for?
TIPS FOR MAKING NUTELLA MOUSSE
- Make sure you use a full fat cream cheese. It will set up better and taste better. Choose a block of cream cheese, not the spreadable kind, for the best results.
- This mousse has no gelatine in it, so make sure you whip the cream until stiff peaks form, so it sets properly. Leave it for at least 3 hours, or even better, overnight.
- Serve cold with a dollop of mascarpone or whipped cream and some fresh berries – whatever’s in season.
MORE NUTELLA RECIPES TO TRY
- Nutella Cookies
- Nutella Oreo Cheesecake
- Nutella Rocky Road
- Amazing Nutella Donuts
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Easy Nutella Chocolate Mousse made from scratch.
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 grams (3/4 cup) Nutella
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- Mascarpone or extra whipped cream, to serve
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla and beat again. Then add the Nutella and beat for 30 seconds or so, scraping down the sides occasionally, until the mixture is combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until thick and whipped. Gently fold whipped cream into Nutella mixture until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Spoon the mousse into four serving dishes and pop into the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with a teaspoon of whipped cream or mascarpone and a few fresh raspberries.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in May 2015.