I found an excuse to buy a jar of Nutella and now I’m passing it on to you. These Hazelnut Nutella Chocolate Truffles only need four ingredients, they are completely no bake and they taste incredible! Made with an easy dark chocolate ganache and a generous helping of Nutella and they are then rolled in chopped roasted hazelnuts.
If you can eat Nutella straight out of the jar with a spoon (let’s be friends) these are made for you! They are also perfect for Christmas gifts and are gluten free!
‘Tis the season for gift giving am I right? If you are hunting for easy edible gifts to give your family, friends or co-workers, you should check out the collection of Christmas recipes we have around here.
I’ve got easy Almond Chocolate Fudge, Salted Caramel Candy that can be made in the microwave, Chocolate Coconut Truffles and now these Hazelnut Nutella Chocolate Truffles (which just might be my new favourite). Honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong with any recipe that has Nutella in it!
All my American friends are heading into the winter months (so jealous, I just love snow), meanwhile here it’s stinkin’ hot ALL the time. I’ve been surviving by eating popsicles every day. Meanwhile no bake recipes have totally come to the rescue.
Lately, I can hardly bring myself to turn to the oven on, hence the no bake truffles today. They are deliciously rich, creamy and completely irresistible! The best part is they only take around 15 minutes to prepare, then once the ganache sets it’s just rolling and eating!
Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
Four ingredient Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles made with dark chocolate ganache, Nutella and roast hazelnuts.
- Yield: Makes 16 truffles
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 120ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 120 grams (1 cup) skinless hazelnuts
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and place in a small bowl. Next, pour the cream into a small saucepan and place on a low heat. Once the cream becomes warm to the touch, pour it over the dark chocolate and leave for two minutes.
- Then slowly whisk the chocolate mixture until it forms a lovely chocolate ganache. Add half of the Nutella and continue to whisk, then add the remaining Nutella and whisk until combined and smooth. Pour the chocolate into a deep bowl and pop into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Crush your hazelnuts until they resemble fine crumbs. Then spoon out teaspoons of the chocolate truffle mixture, roll them in your hands until smooth and roll them in the crushed hazelnuts. Store truffles in the fridge.