You’ll love these easy 4 ingredient Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles. Creamy chocolate ganache truffles made with Nutella and covered in crunchy hazelnuts. These bite-sized treats are gluten-free and will be the star of any party or celebration.
I found another excuse to buy a jar of Nutella 😉
These Hazelnut Nutella Chocolate Truffles are sweet perfection. You only need four ingredients, they’re completely no bake and they taste incredible! Made with rich, dark chocolate, Nutella and cream, they’re one sweet treat.
If you can eat Nutella straight out of the jar with a spoon (let’s be friends) these are for you!
I love making truffles. They’re perfect for a party, gift-giving around the holidays or a bite-sized treat.
Just like my favourite Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffles, these use cream for their deliciously, rich texture, with a little crunch from the roasted hazelnuts.
But the best part is just how easy they are to make. You don’t need to turn the oven on. You don’t need any special equipment or weird ingredients. And they’re also gluten-free!
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT NUTELLA TRUFFLES
- The base of these Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles is chocolate ganache – dark chocolate and cream. The type of chocolate and cream you use is very important.
- Use good quality dark chocolate. I suggest buying a nice block of dark chocolate, rather than chocolate melts or chocolate chips. Roughly chop the chocolate by hand.
- The recipe also calls for thickened or heavy cream – don’t use canned, light or reduced fat cream.
- First, you need to warm the cream. You can do this by heating the cream in the microwave or the stove. You want the cream to be hot to the touch – but not boiling.
- Pour your cream over the chopped chocolate and leave it for a few minutes, before whisking until smooth and creamy. Then stir in the Nutella.
- If you whisk together your chocolate and cream and it’s still lumpy and not completely smooth, you can pop the ganache into the microwave for another 20 seconds or so to help melt the chocolate completely.
- You’ll then need to put the ganache into a deep bowl (to make it easy to scoop later) and place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours or until set.
- When it comes to rolling the truffles. I find it easiest to use a teaspoon or a cookie scoop to spoon out a big chunk of Nutella ganache, and simply use your hands to roll smooth.
- The truffles are rolled in chopped hazelnuts. For added flavour, you can toast your hazelnuts. Just add them into a shallow saucepan on medium heat. Shake regularly until they start to turn golden and smell toasty.
- Store truffles in the fridge for up to 5 days – if they ever last that long 😉
Four ingredient chocolate truffles made with Nutella.
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 120 grams (1 cup) skinless hazelnuts*,
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and place in a small bowl. Next, heat cream on the stove or using a microwave. Once the cream becomes warm to the touch, pour it over the dark chocolate and leave for two minutes.
- Slowly whisk the chocolate mixture until it forms a lovely chocolate ganache. Add half of the Nutella and continue to whisk, then add the remaining Nutella and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into a small deep bowl and pop into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Crush your hazelnuts until they resemble fine crumbs. Then spoon out teaspoons of the chocolate truffle mixture, approximately 1 heaped teaspoon each, and roll them in your hands until smooth and roll them in the crushed hazelnuts. Store truffles in the fridge.
*You can use raw hazelnuts or toasted hazelnuts. To toast hazelnuts, add to a shallow pan on medium heat and shake until they start to turn golden and smell toasty. Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in December 2015.