You’ll love these buttery cookie bars stuffed with chocolate caramel Rolos. Baked until golden, these soft and chewy Rolo Cookie Bars have a secret chocolate caramel filling that just melts-in-your-mouth.
YOLO for ROLOS ❤️
Introducing my Rolo Stuffed Cookie Bars. Big, thick, buttery cookies with a hidden layer of Rolo chocolate running right through the middle.
If you love cookies, caramel and chocolate, you are going to fall head over heels for these magical cookie bars.
If you’ve been hanging around here for long, you’ll know that I love Rolo chocolate. And I love baking with it even more.
So back to these cookie bars. I took inspiration from my popular Nutella Stuffed Cookie Bars for the base recipe. It makes a buttery, crumbly, golden brown cookie that’s the perfect vehicle for first loves like Rolo chocolate.
Once you add half the cookie dough to the pan, you then spread LOADS of Rolo chocolate pieces all over the top. While trying not to eat them all. #realproblems Then smoosh the remaining cookie dough over the top. There’s no right or wrong way to do this. It’s messy and that’s ok.
It’s also fine to have Rolos poking all out the top of the cookie dough 👌🏻
Tips for making Rolo Cookie Bars
- These cookie bars start with a simple cookie dough. Start by creaming together your butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Once it’s pale and creamy, you can add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Scrap down the edges and mix briefly to combine.
- Then add the flour and baking soda. Your cookie dough is done!
- There’s no need to chill the dough, so it’s time assemble. Divide your cookie dough into two and press the first half into your cake pan.
- Spread out to form one even layer. Then add your Rolo chocolate all over the top.
- Then add remaining cookie dough on top. I find it’s easiest to break the dough into pieces and scatter them on top. Then press together using your hands. It’s ok if someone of the chocolates are poking through the top! Just try and join as much as the cookie dough together as you can so there’s no cracks.
- Bake until golden! Leave cookie in the baking tin to cool completely before slicing and serving.
More Rolo recipes to try
- Easy Rolo Rocky Road
- Amazing Rolo Brownies
- Chocolate Caramel Rolo Poke Cake
- Soft And Chewy Rolo Cookies
Buttery cookie bars stuffed with chocolate caramel Rolos.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Rolo chocolates
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes with an electric beater or until pale and creamy. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat again until combined. Sift in flour, baking soda and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan to form one even layer. Scatter Rolo chocolate all over the cookie dough.
- Grab the other half of your cookie dough and break it up into pieces and place on top of Rolo chocolates. Gently spread it out using your fingers so most of the Rolo is covered – it’s fine if some of the chocolate are showing.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool completely in the tin before removing. Cut into slices and serve.
Keywords: Rolo cookie bars, Chocolate caramel cookie bars