You guys! We all love Rolos around here and now there is one more way to eat these delicious chocolate caramel candies. IN COOKIE FORM.
And these are not any ordinary cookie. These are soft, buttery, chewy cookies LOADED with dark chocolate chunks and loads of Rolo chocolate.
So now we can all enjoy sweet caramel-covered goodness in a big buttery cookie. I’m so there 💃
Not only will you absolutely LOVE these cookies because they’re chock-full of chocolate but they have a gorgeous texture. Why you ask? Because instead of creaming the butter and sugar, these babies are made with melted butter.
The difference? A soft and chewy cookie that just about melts-in-your-mouth. You will need to chill this cookie dough, it is absolutely mandatory, but you will be rewarded for your patience. Trust Me.
These Rolo Cookies are oozing with chocolate. The caramel from the chopped Rolos leaks out and makes the cookie dough buttery and sweet. While they will firm up as they cool, you’re bound to get an almost underbaked centre – perhaps the best part.
My only advice is to try not over bake them if you want that gooey soft centre. If you prefer a more chewy cookie, you can bake these for 1-2 minutes longer. Either way, you’ll end up with a caramel-icious treat!
Amazing soft and chewy Rolo Cookies with chunks of chocolate and gooey Rolo chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 150 grams (1 cup) Rolo chocolate, roughly chopped
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour and baking soda and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate and Rolos and stir until combined.
- Chill cookie dough in the fridge for AT LEAST one hour. Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Roll large balls of cookie dough using your hands and place on oven tray. Bake for 9-10 minutes*. While the cookie are still warm, add a few extra chopped Rolos on top.
The cookies will look under baked but that’s ok – this will ensure they stay soft and chewy even once they’ve cooled.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 240
Keywords: Cookies, Rolos, Caramel, Chocolate, Dessert