Best ever M&M Cookies made from scratch! Thick and chewy cookies filled to the brim with chocolate chips, M&M candy and mini marshmallows. They’re so easy to make and there’s no need to chill the dough, so they’re ready in minutes!
Say hello to your new favourite M&M Cookies ❤️
Big, buttery and bold, these homemade cookies are filled to the brim with all the good things in life, namely chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and a bucketload of M&M’s.
If you were looking for an excuse to make a batch of thick and chewy M&M Cookies, you now have one. #yourewelcome
A few months ago, I shared my favourite big, fat, Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with you. I was inspired when I had the chance to try the famous cookies at Levain Bakery in New York late last year.
They’re so easy to make but produce a really lovely, rustic cookie, that’s super thick and chunky and full of fix-in’s. Made with cold butter, there’s no need to chill the dough, so they can be ready in minutes.
So when I wanted to make my ultimate M&M Cookie recipe I knew where to start. I wanted a big cookie and I wanted it to be undeniably special. This is it 👆🏻
While the style of dough is similar to my Levain Bakery Cookies, we’ve also added mini marshmallows for puddles of sweet goo, chocolate chips because… chocolate, and M&M’s for colour and crunch.
How do you make M&M Cookies from scratch?
It’s so easy! You only need a handful of ingredients and a stand mixer or hand beater. My recipe comes together in minutes and starts with cold butter. This will help you make thicker cookies and you won’t need to chill the dough – saving time and effort.
How long does it take to make M&M Cookies?
It’ll take you around 20 minutes to make this cookie dough and 12-14 minutes to bake them. That means you could be enjoying a batch of homemade M&M Cookies in under an hour.
Can you use regular M&M’s for baking?
Absolutely! I love to use regular M&M’s and mini M&M’s the most. They bake just fine!
Why you will love these cookies
- You don’t need to wait for the butter to soften
- You don’t need to chill the dough, so you could be eating one in just 45 minutes
- This recipe will make big, thick, chewy cookies
- They have lots of mix-in’s so they don’t skimp on flavour
- They taste AMAZING!
More cookies to love
Delicious thick and chewy M&M Cookies filled with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, COLD (straight from the fridge), roughly chopped
- 190 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, cold
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s
- 30 grams (1/2 cup) mini marshmallows, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cold butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add vanilla and egg. Beat again until combined – but try not to over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, and beat on a low speed until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips, M&M’s and marshmallows and beat briefly.
- Scoop out cookie dough, roughly 2 tablespoons per cookie, and place on prepared oven trays, leaving room for the cookie to spread.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Leave cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.