Perfect White Chocolate Chip Cookies made completely from scratch. Crisp on the edges, gooey in the centre, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed with white chocolate chips.
Calling all white chocolate fans 💕
If you love buttery golden cookies and smooth white chocolate, you’ll fall head over heels for these perfect White Chocolate Chip Cookies. With crispy edges and soft centres, these cookies are the ultimate treat.
Served warm, with a cold glass of milk, these White Chocolate Chip Cookies are my new fave thing.
It’s no secret that I truly adore cookies. When I travel, I’m always looking for amazing cookie stores so I can try new flavours and textures. I recently developed a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies after tasting a similar one in Paris late last year.
And while I’m seriously partial to a good chocolate chip cookie, I realised I hadn’t shared a recipe for White Chocolate Chip Cookies. And as a big white chocolate fan, I was definitely up for the challenge.
These White Chocolate Chip Cookies come together quickly by creaming the butter and sugar. Because we are using softened butter and not melted butter, there is no need to chill the dough. This also means the cookies have delightful chewy edges – my fave.
Filled to the brim with white chocolate chips and sprinkled with sea salt, these buttery cookies are soft and sweet. If you love white chocolate, you’ll be munching on these delicious cookies for days.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FROM SCRATCH
- To start, you need to use room temperature butter. It shouldn’t be too soft or wet, but not fridge cold. This will make is easier to blend with the sugar.
- This recipe calls for both caster sugar and brown sugar. The caster sugar (or you can use granulated sugar) helps to add sweetness and crispy edges, while the brown sugar lends itself to a more caramel-like flavour and extra chewiness.
- A little extra vanilla extract is added for flavour and an egg to bind.
- Once you add the flour and baking soda, it’s time to mix in a whole cup of white chocolate chips – the more the merrier.
- The cookies are then baked in the oven until golden. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy while still a little warm.
Buttery white chocolate chip cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add flour, baking soda and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon 1.5 tablespoons of dough into small balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216
Keywords: White chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate chip cookies