Perfect White Chocolate Chip Cookies made completely from scratch. Crisp on the edges, gooey in the centre, these chewy cookies are packed with white chocolate chips. There’s no chilling the dough, so these cookies are ready to eat in under an hour.
Calling all white chocolate fans 💕
If you love buttery golden cookies and smooth white chocolate, you’ll fall head over heels for these perfect White Chocolate Chip Cookies. With crispy edges and soft centres, these cookies are the ultimate treat.
There’s no need to chill the cookie dough, so these White Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
why you will love these cookies
- Expect buttery cookies that are soft and chewy
- They’re bursting with white chocolate chips
- There’s no need to chill the dough
- The cookies are ready to eat in just 30 minutes
- You can easily make the cookie dough ahead of time
It’s no secret that I truly adore cookies. When I travel, I’m always looking for amazing cookie stores so I can try new flavours and textures. I recently developed a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies after tasting a similar one in Paris late last year.
And while I’m seriously partial to a good Chocolate Chip Cookie, I realised I hadn’t shared a White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. And as a big white chocolate fan, I was definitely up for the challenge.
These White Chocolate Chip Cookies come together quickly by creaming the butter and sugar. Because we are using softened butter and not melted butter, there is no need to chill the dough. It also means the cookies have delightfully chewy edges.
Filled to the brim with white chocolate chips and sprinkled with sea salt, these buttery cookies are soft and sweet. If you love white chocolate, you’ll be munching on these delicious cookies for days.
You only need a handful of pantry staples to make these White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make a batch:
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Caster sugar: Or granulated sugar.
- Vanilla extract
- Plain flour: Or all purpose flour
- Baking soda
- White chocolate chips: This recipe is extremely versatile – you can use whatever chocolate chips you fancy. Swap the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips, peanut butter or butterscotch chips.
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FROM SCRATCH
Here’s a brief overview of how to make White Chocolate Chip Cookies at home. For ease, it is recommended that you use a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer. Detailed instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to combine butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix just to combine.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until a soft cookie dough forms. Finally, stir through chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough and roll into balls using the palm of your hands.
- Place on prepared trays and bake until golden. Sprinkle warm cookies with sea salt.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature: It shouldn’t be too soft or wet, but not fridge cold. If it’s too soft, your cookies will spread too much in the oven.
- Use both caster sugar and brown sugar: Caster sugar (or you can use granulated sugar) add sweetness and helps to form crispy edges, while brown sugar gives a more caramel-like flavour and extra chewiness.
- Try not to overbake your cookies: Cookies firm up as they cool, so it’s ok to take them out of the oven even when they look slightly underdone – especially if you prefer a soft and chewy cookie.
Keep leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Make ahead: You can make this cookie dough ahead of time. Simply cover and keep in the fridge, then bring the dough back to room temperature before rolling and baking. Alternatively, you can roll the cookie dough into balls and then freeze them. Let them thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as per the recipe.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
Buttery white chocolate chip cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays or cookie sheets with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater on medium speed for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add flour and baking soda and beat again just until a soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop out cookie dough (roughly 1.5 tablespoons each) into small balls and place on baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread. Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- While the cookies are still warm, add a few extra chocolate chips on top. Leave cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
White chocolate chips: This recipe is extremely versatile – you can use whatever chocolate chips you fancy. Swap the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips, peanut butter or butterscotch chips.
Storage: Keep leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Make ahead: You can make this cookie dough ahead of time. Simply cover and keep in the fridge, then bring the dough back to room temperature before rolling and baking. Alternatively, you can roll the cookie dough into balls and then freeze them. Let them thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as per recipe.
Leave a Comment