Perfect Blueberry Cookies made from scratch. These buttery cookies are inspired by the popular blueberries and cream cookies from Milk Bar in New York.
Blueberries and cream! 💙
These buttery Blueberry Cookies boast a soft and chewy centre, crispy corners and plenty of pockets of white chocolate. Made with sweet dried blueberries, they’re the better looking cousin of the blueberry muffin.
If you love all things blueberry, you’ll fall head over heels for these golden cookies.
Last year, I went to Milk Bar in Los Angeles and did a cooking class. It was me, my husband, and then a lot of 12 year old girls, but I loved every minute of it.
Afterwards, I went and bought ALL of their cookies. And while, I’ll always adore their confetti cookie and their cornflake marshmallow cookie, it was actually their blueberries and cream cookie that swept me off my feet.
So of course, when I came home to my own kitchen, I went about creating something similar that could be made using regular ingredients. And here they are.
My favourite Blueberry Cookies. They’re soft, sweet and oh-so-addictive.
These Blueberry Cookies are made with softened butter and plenty of brown sugar which means chewy edges and a buttery centre. It also means you don’t have to chill the dough AKA let’s get a warm cookie into your hands faster.
I’ve used dried blueberries for a pop of colour, chew and a little tang. You can buy these at most supermarkets in the dried fruit section or online.
And the creaminess of the cookies comes from BIG chunks of white chocolate that’ve been chopped by hand. Together, it’s a magical combination.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT BLUEBERRY COOKIES
- You will need an electric mixer for this recipe. Start with room temperature butter.
- Add the sugars – I use both brown sugar and caster sugar in this recipe. If you don’t have caster sugar, swap it for granulated sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg, then sift in flour and baking soda. Stir together until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Lastly, add the mix-ins. I recommend using a block of white chocolate that you have roughly chopped by hand, rather than chocolate chips. This will ensure there’s big, gooey pockets of chocolate in every bite – making up the ‘cream’ in these blueberries and cream cookies.
- We use dried blueberries for these cookies. They bake up really well and add the perfect chew. You can usually find these in the dried fruit section of your local supermarket or online.
- Bake cookies until just golden on the edges. They will be very soft when they first come out of the oven but they will firm up as they cool. Leave them to cool slightly on the oven tray before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- M&M Marshmallow Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Soft and chewy Blueberry Cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate, roughly cut by hand
- 85 grams (1/2 cup) dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour and baking soda and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chunks and blueberries and mix through.
- Scoop out cookie dough, roughly 1.5 tablespoons per cookie, and roll each ball smooth in your hands. Place cookie dough balls on prepared trays, leaving room for cookies to spread out in the oven.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 214
Keywords: Blueberry cookies, Blueberry and cream cookies, Blueberry and white chocolate cookies