You’ll love these buttery Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies. Made with malted milk powder and loaded with milk chocolate chips, they’re sweet, chewy and packed with malt flavour.
Have you gotten on the malt bandwagon yet? 💕
If you love malt, you’ll adore these soft and chewy Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies. Crispy edges, soft centres and LOADS of chocolate chips, they’re the cookie of my dreams.
You. Are. Welcome.
Ever since I made my Chocolate Malt Mousse Pie, I’ve been ALL about the malt. I will put it on and in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
While I’m partial to a cold glass of milk with a few teaspoons of malt powder in it, I’ve now found my new malt obsession. THESE Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies 👆🏻
Nutty and sweet, with a zillion chocolate chips, they make for a downright delicious treat.
It’s no secret around here that I adore cookies. I don’t know if there is anything better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven.
But that was before I met these cookies.
Now I think there is nothing better than a soft and chewy Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie fresh out of the oven – or even three days later.
If you love Chocolate Chip Cookies, you need to try these. I promise, the malt powder just makes them extra special. THAT and the chocolate chips.
Made by creaming butter and sugar, there’s no need to chill the cookie dough, so they can be ready in minutes – tempting right?
Just remember to reserve a few milk chocolate chips to decorate the tops while they’re still warm – that’s my food styling trick 😉 Enjoy xx
Easy chocolate chip cookies made with malt milk powder.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) malt milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 115 grams (3/4 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes on medium speed until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Sift in flour, baking soda, malt powder and salt and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to roll balls of dough (roughly 1.5 tablespoons each) in your hands and place them onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for approximately 11-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Press a few extra chocolate chips on top. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.