Hey y’all! It’s (midweek) party time. I wanted to call these cookies my Party Cookies because sprinkles immediately put me in the party mood, but I went with the more sensible option. Seriously, these Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything.
What’s not to love? They are golden brown, super chewy (really, really) and packed with chocolate chips and a mountain of sprinkles! I ate three of these while they were still warm, all in the name of recipe testing of course. My taste testers also gave them the thumbs up! So now its your turn to try!
Remember I told you I have been on a thin and chewy cookie kick ever since I made my Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches? Well, it still going on. And these gorgeously golden Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies are the result.
They are SO chewy with an almost sticky crust, crammed with oodles of dark chocolate chips and millions of tiny colourful sprinkles. I am in cookie heaven. YOU too could be pulling a batch of these beauties out of your oven in under 30 minutes – do it, do it!
Are you on the thin or thick cookie side of the fence? I do have a soft spot for chunky cookies, like my mouth watering Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies or if you want to get really thick, my Smores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups.
But I’m now also hooked on these crispy cookies. Their chewy melt-in-your-mouth texture is perfection. I think I’ve become a fence sitter. Would anyone like a similar recipe that creates a more thick and chunky cookie? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll do it!
Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies
Golden chewy Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies packed with chocolate chips and a mountain of funfetti sprinkles!
- Yield: Makes 16 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) coloured sprinkles, plus extra for decorating
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until combined. Sift in the flour, baking soda and stir gently. Add the chocolate chips and your sprinkles and stir through. Use a cookie scoop or roll small balls of dough in your hands and pop them onto your prepared trays.
- Bake your cookies for approximately 11-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Once the cookies have cooled slightly, I like to press a few extra chocolate chips on the top and sprinkle over a few extra pieces of funfetti, before gently removing each one from the tray and transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.