Prep: 20 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 32 minutes
Golden chewy cookies packed with chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) coloured funfetti sprinkles
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater for 1-2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt, if using, and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Use a cookie scoop to roll balls of dough in your hands and place them onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for approximately 11-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Press a few extra chocolate chips on top. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer a thin and crispy cookie, add 1/4 cup (35 grams) less flour.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 259
Category: CookiesCuisine: American