You’ll love this easy Chocolate Malt Mousse Pie with a crunchy Oreo crust and plenty of whipped cream. This no bake, make-ahead chocolate dessert is perfect for entertaining a crowd.
And our pie obsession continues 💕
This time, it’s all about chocolate malt. This gorgeous no bake Chocolate Malt Mousse Pie is what chocolate-covered dreams are made of, complete with an Oreo crust and a handful of Maltesers.
You’ll never guess just how easy this pretty pie is to make (and eat!).
We’ve recently been on a pie bender around these parts. Have you noticed? First there was my No Bake Peanut Butter Pie with a salty pretzel crust and then my zesty No Bake Key Lime Pie.
And now, we’ve moved on to all things chocolate. Chocolate malt to be precise 👌🏻 #sorrynotsorry
I mean LOOK at that pie. Can you even?
I love malt. I think it’s seriously underrated. This is actually the first malt recipe to feature on Sweetest Menu, but I can promise you, it will not be the last.
Malt powder adds a slightly savoury note to this pie due to it’s delicious, nutty flavour. Once you pair that with Maltesers (chocolate malt balls) and a thick chocolate mousse, you can have a dreamy, creamy chocolate dessert.
You’re going to love this Chocolate Malt Mousse Pie for a variety of reasons –
- It’s no bake.
- It only has a handful of ingredients.
- It’s quick and easy to make.
- Oh, and it tastes ah-mazing!
Perhaps the best part about this pie is that you can make it ahead of time – perfect for entertaining. Throw together the Oreo crust, make the chocolate filling and then pop it in the fridge.
When you’re ready to serve, you can just whip up a little extra cream, throw a few Maltesers on top and dive right in! Let’s go!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Chocolate Malt Mousse Pie
A deliciously easy Chocolate Malt Mousse Pie with an Oreo crust.
- 400 grams (approximately 40) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter
Chocolate malt mousse
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream*
- 2 tablespoons malt powder
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) Maltesers or chocolate malt balls, roughly chopped
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream, whipped
- Maltesers or chocolate malt balls, roughly chopped, to decorate
- Add Oreo cookies (cream and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter in the microwave and then pour over crushed Oreos and whiz again until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press Oreo crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate and press down gently using the back of a spoon to form an even layer. Pop in fridge.
- Add milk chocolate and dark chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat cream until whipped with stiff peaks. Gently fold cream into melted chocolate. Add malt powder and chopped Malt balls and fold until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mousse over Oreo base. Smooth top using a spatula and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) until set.
- To serve, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat remaining cream until thick and whipped. Spread cream over top of mousse. Sprinkle with Malt balls.
*Just be sure to use a cream that’s suitable for whipping as this is what gives the filling its stability. Here in Australia, it’s called thickened cream. Look for a high-fat cream (at least 35% fat) that clearly states it’s suitable for whipping. Do not use a light or low-fat version.
Leave a Comment