Buttery White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies perfect for the holidays. These golden cookies are packed with white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and fresh orange zest for extra flavour.
The perfect holiday cookie ❤️
Sweet, buttery White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies filled to the brim with all the good things in life. Boasting crispy edges and chewy centres, these homemade cookies are one of my new favourite things.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try these holidays, you can’t go past these Christmas cookies.
I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you for a whole YEAR. Last Christmas, I was obsessed with combining dried cranberries, white chocolate and orange zest in my baked goods.
I took those magical flavours and combined them to make one epic cookie. These buttery White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies need to go on your holiday baking list asap. They’re soft, chewy and deliciously zesty.
So I’ve already shared with you my fave White Chocolate Cookies. So what’s different about these? Well there’s plenty of dried cranberries for extra flavour. They’re sweet and tart and they add a lovely extra chew.
And then to bump up the flavour, we also added the zest of an orange. White chocolate, cranberries and orange IN buttery cookie dough? Magical. The oils from the zest permeate the entire batch of cookies and give them an extra special holiday feel 🎄
You don’t need to chill the dough, so these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are ready in a jiffy. And you can easily double the recipe or even freeze the dough if you need to match a batch ahead of time.
So if they taste amazing and are easy to make, what are we waiting for? Let’s get baking 👇🏻
TIPS FOR PERFECT WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
- You will need an electric mixer for this recipe.
- Start with room temperature butter. It shouldn’t be too soft or wet, but not fridge col either. This will make it easier to blend with the sugar.
- This recipe calls for both caster sugar and brown sugar. The caster sugar helps to add sweetness and crispy edges, while the brown sugar lends itself to a more caramel-like flavour and extra chewiness. You can use granulated sugar instead of caster sugar. Read more about caster sugar here.
- A little extra vanilla extract is added for flavour and an egg to bind.
- Once you add the plain flour (or all purpose flour) and baking soda and salt, you will then need to zest one fresh orange. You can leave the orange zest out if you prefer (but I love it).
- Then it’s time to mix in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Scoop out the cookies and roll them using your hands to make them smooth. This will help them be as round as possible when they spread out while baking,
- The cookies are then baked in a moderate oven until golden brown on the edges.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Buttery White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add flour, baking soda, salt and orange zest and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and dried cranberries and beat briefly until combined. Spoon approximately 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough into small balls and roll until smooth using your hands.
- Place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Decorate warm cookies with extra chocolate chips. Leave cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: White chocolate cranberry cookies, Christmas cookies, cranberry cookies