Buttery White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add flour, baking soda, salt and orange zest and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and dried cranberries and beat briefly until combined. Spoon approximately 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough into small balls and roll until smooth using your hands.
- Place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Decorate warm cookies with extra chocolate chips. Leave cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: White chocolate cranberry cookies, Christmas cookies, cranberry cookies