I heart Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookies.
I actually remember first hearing about snickerdoodle cookies many years ago when my sister-in-law made a batch. Snicker-what? I thought the name sounded hilarious but one bite and I was in sweet cinnamon heaven.
These American cookies are so simple but they are truly special. A buttery cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar and then baked to crinkly perfection. If you’re a cinnamon enthusiast like me, these cookies are for you.
The not-so-secret ingredient in these cookies is the cream of tartar which helps to give them a tiny tang and their signature crinkles. If you want a super chewy cookie, bake them for a little less, or for a more light and fluffy cookie, a few minutes longer.
So what do I love about these cookies? For starters, it is likely you (and I) have all the ingredients needed for these beauties sitting in our cupboards right now. Which means they are perfect for when you need to whip up a batch of cookies stat.
Friend popping over? Snickerdoodle Cookies to the rescue. They are also really easy and simple to make – perfect for those short on time. And it’s also a great recipe for the kids! They will love rolling the cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar.
You know I love my cookie recipes and while these don’t have the glamour of say, my Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies, they are still one of my all-time favourites. I hope you love them too!
I’m so excited it’s nearly the weekend. This weekend is a special one because my mum is coming to visit! I’m so excited to show her our new home. We’re going to give her a tour of our favourite places, including a stop or two at our favourite cafes, take her to church and hopefully have time to show her Sydney’s beautiful beaches.
I hope you have a lovely weekend planned – perhaps it could include a baking session. Chewy Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Cookies anyone? x
Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar and then baked to crinkly perfection.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat using an electric mixer for two minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and stir using a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon for your cinnamon topping. Roll smooth balls of the cookie dough using your hands, then roll them in the cinnamon sugar until they are completely covered. Set the cookies onto your prepared trays.
- Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until the cookies spread out and have a nice crinkly top. They may look slightly under baked. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 197
Keywords: Cookies, Cinnamon, Christmas