Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar and then baked to crinkly perfection.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat using an electric mixer for two minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and stir using a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon for your cinnamon topping. Roll smooth balls of the cookie dough using your hands, then roll them in the cinnamon sugar until they are completely covered. Set the cookies onto your prepared trays.
- Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until the cookies spread out and have a nice crinkly top. They may look slightly under baked. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 197
Keywords: Cookies, Cinnamon, Christmas