Prep: 40 minutesCook: 11 minutesTotal: 51 minutes
Snickerdoodle Cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar and then baked to crinkly perfection.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat briefly, just until combined, scraping down the sides.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, if using, and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls of cookie dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) using your hands, and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar until they are completely covered.
- Place cookies on prepared trays. Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes or until the cookies spread out and have a nice crinkly top. They may look slightly under baked. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 198 Sugar: 14.7 g Sodium: 108.6 mg Fat: 8.3 g Carbohydrates: 28.5 g Protein: 2.4 g Cholesterol: 36.1 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: CookiesCuisine: American