Fall head over heels for these chunky Chocolate Oreo Cookies. Big, buttery and filled to the brim with chocolate and Oreo cookies, there’s no need to chill the dough so they’re ready in just 30 minutes.
When three loves collide 💕 Chocolate + Oreos + Cookies = THESE 👆🏻
These big, fat chocolate cookies make me weak at the knees. And for good reason. Not only do they look great but they taste AMAZING. They just about melt-in-your-mouth with gooey pockets of chocolate and plenty of crispy crunch from the Oreo cookies.
If you love chocolate and can eat a sleeve of Oreos in your sleep, these Chocolate Oreo Cookies are for you.
Super thick and chunky cookies are my absolute favourite thing. It’s one of the reasons that I’ve always wanted to visit Levain Bakery in New York. They’re famous for their unusually fat cookies.
But when you take a perfect chocolate cookie and stuff it with hand cut pieces of chocolate and chopped Oreo cookies, well then, you have it all.
These Chocolate Oreo Cookies are a spin-off of my favourite Chocolate Walnut Cookies. They’ve always been my favourite, but let’s be real. Oreo cookies in a cookie? Genius.
It’s the Oreos that seriously take these cookies over-the-top. Crispy Oreos that get even crispier in the oven, with their sweet vanilla cream still in tact. They’re soft, sweet, and seriously fudgy.
If I ever owned a bakery or sweet store, along with my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, I would put these Chocolate Oreo Cookies on the menu. Yes, they’re THAT good.
There’s just something about these cookies. And because they have plenty of flour and cocoa power, there’s no need to chill the dough, which means they can be ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Have I convinced you yet? C’mon, let’s do this 👊🏻
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE OREO COOKIES
- This is a simple chocolate cookie recipe. It starts by creaming your butter and sugar. Make sure your butter is at room temperature – not fridge cold, but not melty by any means. I just a blend of both caster sugar and brown sugar, for the perfect mix of sweetness and flavour.
- Next, comes the vanilla and egg. Finally, add the flour, baking soda and cocoa power. The dough will be chocolate-y and thick. This is fine.
- The best part is the mix-in’s. You can use chocolate chips but I prefer to cut a block of chocolate by hand which makes more gooey puddles- especially when the cookies are still warm from the oven.
- Cut the Oreo cookies into thirds. Then add the chocolate and Oreos (cream filling and all) into the chocolate dough.
- Roll the dough into balls using your hands and then bake the cookies in the oven for approximately 11 minutes. The cookies will firm up as they cool – but I do recommend eating at least one while they are still warm from the oven.
MORE OREO RECIPES TO TRY
- Oreo Truffle Chocolate Bars
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie
- Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies
- Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
Chewy chocolate cookies loaded with Oreo pieces and chocolate chunks.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 grams (approximately 10) Oreos, roughly chopped
- Mini Oreo cookies, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa powder into the mixture, and beat briefly until a chocolate dough forms.
- Gently stir in chocolate and Oreos. Roll balls of dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough) using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays. Leave room for the cookies to spread slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and press a few mini Oreo cookies on top. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was first published in 2016. I have since updated the recipe to make a thicker cookie, however, if you prefer the original, simply use 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 183
Keywords: Chocolate cookies, Oreo cookies
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in March 2016.