It is certainly no secret that we LOVE our Oreos around here. Be it in our Rocky Road or in our Cheesecake but now we can also love them in our chewy Chocolate Cookies. These chunky cookies are loaded with Oreo pieces, creamy filling and all, which means Oreo goodness in every single bite.
Plus you have to put a few on the top too right? They add texture, flavour, sweetness and crunch, which means these Chocolate Oreo Cookies are extra delicious. Do you have a box of Oreos stashed in the back of your cupboard? If so, get them out and start baking!
You know I love my cookies. Together we’ve made thick and chewy ones, thin and crispy ones and ones the size of our face. But still the joy of a freshly baked cookie makes my heart sing. One of the best things about baking cookies is that they don’t use many ingredients and I usually have most of them on hand.
While I love to bake for the blog, sometimes it’s extra special to whip up a batch of cookies just because I can – or because my stomach is begging me too. I love that when the pantry is empty, I can still usually whip up a delicious batch of cookies and create something out of nothing.
I really did love these cookies. I don’t know why I didn’t think to do this before. Baked Oreos really are lovely – remember my Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies? They go quite crispy and their sweet centre melts beautifully into the cookie.
Oreo cookie crumbs incased in gooey chocolate cookie batter – it really is quite the treat. It reminds me of when I stuffed whole Oreos inside an M&M Cookie Cake. Now THAT was outrageous! A cookie in a cookie – yes please! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!
Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Chewy chocolate cookies loaded with Oreo pieces, creamy filling and all, which means Oreo goodness in every single bite.
- Yield: Makes 16 cookies
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or corn starch
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) chopped Oreos, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and the sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth. Sift in the flour, baking soda, cornflour and cocoa powder into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolate dough. If its a little dry, add the tablespoon of milk.
- Gently stir in the chopped Oreo. Roll balls of the dough until smooth using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 9-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and lightly press a few extra broken Oreo pieces onto the top of the cookies while the are still warm. Then transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.