Chewy chocolate cookies loaded with Oreo pieces and chocolate chunks.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 grams (approximately 10) Oreos, roughly chopped
- Mini Oreo cookies, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt, if using, into the mixture, and beat briefly until a chocolate dough forms.
- Gently stir in chocolate and Oreos. Roll balls of dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough) using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays. Leave room for the cookies to spread slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and press a few mini Oreo cookies on top. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was first published in 2016. I have since updated the recipe to make a thicker cookie, however, if you prefer the original, simply use 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 183
Keywords: Chocolate cookies, Oreo cookies