Chocoholics won’t be able to get enough of these soft and chewy chocolate fudge cookies.
They’re so easy to put together, you could probably make a batch right now. The trick is chopping up a block of chocolate into big chunks rather than using chocolate chips, that way you get generous pieces of dark chocolate in every bite.
HINT: These cookies are practically exploding with gooey chocolate chunks.
These cookies were such a hit in our house, they disappeared in a flash. They are chewy and soft and oh so chocolately. The perfect cure to your chocolate cravings. What is your favourite cookie flavour?
Chocolate fudge cookies loaded with dark chocolate.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or corn starch
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chunks
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars and the butter and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth. Sift in the flour, baking soda, cornflour and cocoa into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolately dough. If its a little dry, add the tablespoon of milk and then stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Place the dough in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (360 F) and roll balls of the dough until smooth using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy warm from the oven with a glass of milk.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 156