Perfectly Peppermint Chocolate Cookies just in time for Christmas! Soft and chewy double chocolate cookies dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint candy canes.
I’ve got peppermint on my mind.
Perfectly Peppermint Chocolate Cookies, that take all the goodness of peppermint bark and candy canes, and transform them into a deliciously rich chocolate treat 💕
Soft and chewy and dipped in white chocolate, these double chocolate peppermint cookies are perfect for Christmas.
Is there anything like peppermint during the holiday? We’ve already talked Peppermint Oreo Truffles just last week. And now I’ve moved on to my favourite topic – cookies.
But these are not just any cookie. Oh no. These are extra special Perfectly Peppermint Chocolate Cookies.
With bursts of mint both in the cookie dough and sprinkled on top. It’s a sweet peppermint chocolate combo that’ll make you weak at the knees.
It all starts with the cookie itself. These are a delicious spin-off of my Chocolate Fudge Cookies. They’re my all-time favourite. They have a crinkly, chewy edge and a soft cocoa-laden centre.
Add a few chocolate chips, milk or dark – your call, and you’ve got yourself one fudgy treat. To make these festive, we also add a dash of peppermint extract for that extra minty punch 👊🏻
So why stop there when you can add even more chocolate? This time it’s white chocolate. Creamy, dreamy, white chocolate that coats each cookie forming a delicious choc shell.
Before it sets, sprinkle some crushed peppermint candy canes for an extra crisp crunch. All in all, it’s one sweet Christmas treat.
And not only do these cookies taste fantastic but they also look festive. You can package them up to give to family and friends – and the kids will love helping dip them and sprinkle on the candy canes.
I’ve decided that along with my Gingerbread Cookies, these Perfectly Peppermint Chocolate Cookies will now officially be on my Christmas cookie rotation.
Double chocolate peppermint cookies dipped in white chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate
- 3–4 peppermint candy canes
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and beat briefly until it forms a soft chocolate dough. Add chocolate chip and peppermint extract.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the dough into balls using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays, leaving space for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Use a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin to crush the peppermint candy canes.
- Dip each cookie in the white chocolate, letting it drip, before placing back on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle candy canes over the white chocolate while it’s still warm.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in March 2015.