A deliciously easy homemade granola made with just six ingredients, perfect for breakfast or a tasty snack. This toasted maple syrup granola is packed with pecans, almonds and raisins.
Welcome to 2019 🙌🏻
After five years of blogging, I finally got my act together and have a healthier baking recipe to share with you this January. And it’s a real winner, let me tell you.
I’ve been eating this Easy Homemade Granola nearly every day this past month and I’m OBSESSED.
When we came back from our trip to Europe in November, I was inspired to learn how to make homemade granola. In both Paris and Florence I had a big bowl of the most delicious granola and I just knew I had to recreate something similar when I was back in my own kitchen.
And here she is. A super easy and quick granola (because let’s be practical) that comes together in 10 minutes flat. It makes roughly 10 generous-sized servings and will keep you satisfied ALL morning.
But the best part? It’s super customisable. I’ve chosen my favourite nuts, fruits and flavours but you can easily swap ingredients or shake it up according to your taste (or what you have hiding in the back of your pantry).
This Easy Homemade Granola has everything. Little clusters of sweet oats flavoured with maple syrup, extra crunch from the roasted almonds and chopped pecans and chewiness from the plump raisins.
I may be biased but I think this granola gives any store bought granola a run for its money. Plus there is something to be said for eating breakfast when you know every ingredient that’s sitting in your bowl, amiright? Instead of being filled with extra flavours or sugars, this granola is the real deal.
Also if you aren’t a cereal person, try sprinkling some of this granola over your favourite yoghurt. I can go to town on the crunchy clusters by themselves, they’re that good.
Tips for making Easy Homemade Granola
- This granola is super easy to make. First choose your mix-ins. Nuts are perfect for adding texture and flavour. I use whole almonds and chopped pecans, but feel free to use whatever nuts you prefer – walnuts, hazelnuts or macadamias would be great.
- Next comes the ‘sauce’, made up of half olive oil and half maple syrup. This is my favourite combo but you could also use golden syrup in replace of the maple syrup or honey. Or a combo if you prefer – just keep the proportions the same. And use a lightly flavoured olive oil so the flavour is not overpowering.
- Finally, once your granola is toasted, you can add in your fruit. I use raisins or sultanas. But you could add dried cranberries, dried cherries or dried blueberries. The choice is yours!
A delicious toasted nut and fruit granola.
- 360 grams (4 cups) good quality traditional rolled oats
- 140 grams (1 cup) whole almonds
- 110 grams (1 cup) pecans, roughly chopped
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) raisins or sultanas
- Preheat oven to 150 C (300 F). Line a large baking tray with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, almonds and pecans. Stir briefly. Add maple syrup and olive oil and stir well to coat. Pour mix onto prepared tray and spread into one even layer.
- Bake granola for approximately 11 minutes. Remove, gently stir, then flatten into one layer and bake for a further 11 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven. It will appear soft but will firm up as it cools. Sprinkle over raisins. Leave to cool completely.
- Break up granola and place in an airtight container. To serve, enjoy with yoghurt and fresh berries.
Store granola in an airtight container. See above (in post) suggestions for substitutions.
Keywords: Easy Homemade Granola, Homemade Granola, Toasted Granola