Prep: 10 minutesCook: 22 minutesTotal: 32 minutes
A delicious toasted nut and fruit granola.
- 360 grams (4 cups) good quality traditional rolled oats
- 140 grams (1 cup) whole almonds
- 110 grams (1 cup) pecans, roughly chopped
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) raisins or sultanas
- Preheat oven to 150 C (300 F). Line a large baking tray with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, almonds and pecans. Stir briefly. Add maple syrup and olive oil and stir well to coat. Pour mix onto prepared tray and spread into one even layer.
- Bake granola for approximately 11 minutes. Remove, gently stir, then flatten into one layer and bake for a further 11 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven. It will appear soft but will firm up as it cools. Sprinkle over raisins. Leave to cool completely.
- Break up granola and place in an airtight container. To serve, enjoy with yoghurt and fresh berries.
Store granola in an airtight container. See above (in post) suggestions for substitutions.
Category: BreakfastCuisine: American