These chunky M&M Christmas Cookies have it all. Buttery cookie dough filled to the brim with white chocolate, milk chocolate, red and green M&M’s and roasted macadamias – the perfect Christmas treat.
It’s cookie time!
It is officially cookie season. And I’ve got one more recipe to add to your Christmas cookie list – M&M Christmas Cookies.
These tasty morsels are packed with milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, crunchy M&M’s and roasted macadamias. Heaven right?
I make these Christmas Cookies every year. They’re big and buttery and have a mountain of fix-ins, from M&M’s to macadamias.
When I first developed this recipe, I wanted to make a Christmas chocolate chip cookie to celebrate the festive season that was a little bit special ❤️
And here they are, in all their lumpy glory. I tried to pack as many good things as I could into this cookie dough, so every bite is better than the last.
There’s plenty of gooey chocolate, thanks to two different types of chocolate chips. You could use whatever chocolate chips you prefer, I usually opt for milk chocolate and white chocolate.
Then there’s all the crunchy, colourful M&M candy, because two types of chocolate is never enough. And for something just a little bit extra, I threw in some roasted, salted macadamia nuts for that sweet and salty touch.
Not only are they filled to the brim with so many delicious add-in’s, the cookie dough itself is amazing. You’ll end up with slightly chunky cookies, that are crispy and golden on the edges, but warm and chewy on the inside.
Perhaps the best kind of cookie. Honestly, I can not get enough of chunky cookies at the moment. I mean look at these 👇🏻 GAH.
So have you gotten into the Christmas spirit yet? It’s only two and half weeks away now and I’m ready to celebrate! I’ve already made Gingerbread Men, Cranberry Shortbread and Caramel Fudge, so it officially feels like Christmas for me.
And these cookies? I’m calling them the perfect Christmas treat.
How to make perfect Christmas Cookies
- You will need an electric mixer for this recipe. Start with room temperature butter.
- Add the sugars – I use both brown sugar and caster sugar in this recipe. If you don’t have caster sugar, swap it for granulated sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg, then sift in flour and baking soda. Stir together until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Lastly, add all the mix-ins, you can use any chocolate chips you like – i prefer a mix of white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Also add some M&M’s and macadamia nuts.
- Use roasted macadamia nuts if you can. If you buy raw ones, just throw them in a saucepan for a few minutes on low heat. Stir constantly until the nuts turn golden brown. Leave to cool before adding to cookie dough.
- Spoon out your cookie dough and roll into balls using your hands. Place on oven trays that have been lined with baking or greaseproof paper. Leave room for the cookies to spread out.
- Add a few extra chocolate chips and M&M’s on top and then bake cookies until just golden on the edges. The cookies will firm up as they cool.
MORE CHRISTMAS COOKIES TO TRY:
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Gingerbread Men
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
A deliciously chunky M&M Christmas Cookie loaded with chocolate chips, M&M’s and macadamia nuts.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain red and green M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) roasted salted macadamias
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and beat briefly until a smooth cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips, M&M’s and macadamias and stir.
- Roll the dough into balls using your hands – approximately 1.5 tablespoons each. Place cookies dough balls onto prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out. Place a few extra chocolate chips and M&M’s on top of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden on the edges before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.