It’s cookie time!
It is officially cookie season. And I’ve got one more recipe to add to your Christmas cookie list – Chunky M&M Christmas Cookies.
These tasty morsels are packed with dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, colourful M&M’s and roasted macadamias. I know, heaven right?
Ever since I made those Chunky Walnut Chocolate Cookies, I have not been able to get cookies off my mind. Seriously why do they taste so good?! So I wanted to make a Christmas chocolate chip cookie to celebrate the festive season.
And here is it, in all it’s lumpy glory. I tried to pack as many good things as I could into this cookie dough, so every bite is better than the last.
There’s plenty of gooey chocolate, thanks to two different types of chocolate chips. You could use whatever chocolate chips you prefer, I opted for dark chocolate and white chocolate.
Then there’s all the crunchy, colourful M&M candy, because two types of chocolate is never enough. And for something just a little bit extra, I threw in some roasted, salted macadamia nuts for that sweet and salty touch.
Not only are they filled to the brim with so many delicious add-in’s, the cookie dough itself is amazing. You’ll end up with slightly chunky cookies, that are crispy and golden on the edges, but warm and chewy on the inside.
Perhaps the best kind of cookie. Honestly, I can not get enough of chunky cookies at the moment. I mean look at these 👇🏻 GAH.
So have you gotten into the Christmas spirit yet? It’s only two weeks away now and I’m ready to celebrate! We had our annual carols evening at church on the weekend, so I’ve been singing all my favourite songs non-stop.
And I finally made a batch of gingerbread cookies, so it officially feels like Christmas for me. And these cookies? I’m calling them the perfect Christmas treat.
A deliciously chunky M&M Christmas Cookie loaded with chocolate chips, M&M’s and macadamia nuts.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour or corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain red and green M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) roasted macadamias, salted
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until smooth. Sift in the flour, cornflour and baking soda into the mixture, and combine to form a smooth dough. Add chocolate chips, M&M’s and macadamias and stir.
- Roll the dough into balls using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out. Place a few extra chocolate chips and M&M’s on top of each cookie. Bake for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.