MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS! It’s Christmas Eve and I have one last Christmas recipe for 2015. Buttery melt-in-your-mouth Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies! These chunky biscuits can be made with only a handful of ingredients and will satisfy any Christmas cookie craving.
I love slice and bake cookies because it means they can sit in the freezer until you are ready to bake and you can cut them as thick or thin as you want. Loaded with dried cranberries and chunks of dark chocolate, they are perfect for holiday entertaining!
I still think that some of the best recipes in life are the most simple. Shortbread fresh out of the oven? My kind of cookie. Despite being made from just three basic ingredients (butter, sugar and flour), it is one of the most irresistible treats.
The dried cranberries in this shortbread add a lovely chew, while the melty chunks of chocolate add sweetness. This is a great recipe to make ahead of time. Once you bring together the dough, roll it into a log and freeze it. Then thaw for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting, slicing and baking.
So Christmas is finally here! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends. Thank you for reading and visiting Sweetest Menu in 2015. This year, many of my favourite recipes appeared on the blog, including my Candy Bar Mousse Pie, my Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups and my Snickers Chocolate Meringues.
But I am so excited for 2016! I have a whole list of recipes to bring to the blog, ranging from staples to the more outrageous. So have a very happy and safe holiday and I will see you again next week!
Buttery melt-in-your-mouth Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies loaded with dark chocolate and cranberries.
- 230 grams (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1 cup) powdered or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 280 grams (2 cups) plain flour
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter for approximately 2 minutes or until pale and creamy. Sift in the powdered or icing sugar and vanilla extract and gently stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. Sift in the flour and stir gently. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and add the chocolate and cranberries and stir until combined.
- Place the dough onto a piece of baking or wax paper and spread out into a long circular roll. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer until you are ready to bake. To cook the cookies, thaw for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch thick slices and placing on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 160 C (320 F) for approximately 16 -18 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 258
Keywords: Cookies, Chocolate, Cranberry, Dessert, Christmas