Buttery melt-in-your-mouth Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies loaded with dark chocolate and cranberries.
- 230 grams (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1 cup) powdered or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 280 grams (2 cups) plain flour
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter for approximately 2 minutes or until pale and creamy. Sift in the powdered or icing sugar and vanilla extract and gently stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. Sift in the flour and stir gently. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and add the chocolate and cranberries and stir until combined.
- Place the dough onto a piece of baking or wax paper and spread out into a long circular roll. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer until you are ready to bake. To cook the cookies, thaw for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch thick slices and placing on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 160 C (320 F) for approximately 16 -18 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 258
Keywords: Cookies, Chocolate, Cranberry, Dessert, Christmas