Buttery melt-in-your-mouth Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies.
- 230 grams (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1 cup) powdered or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 280 grams (2 cups) plain flour
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add sugar, vanilla extract and flour and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Roughly chop chocolate into small pieces. Add chocolate and cranberries to cookie dough and beat briefly until combined.
- Place the dough on a piece of baking or wax paper and use your hands to mould the dough into a long circular roll. Roll the dough in the baking paper and squeeze the ends shut (like a paper covered lolly) or cover with cling wrap. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.*
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Use a large knife to cut cookies into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place cookie dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake cookies for approximately 15-16 minutes or until golden on the edges. Leave to cool completely.
*If you would like to bake these cookies at a later date, you can place the cookie dough in the freezer. Simply let it thaw for 15-30 minutes or until it’s easy to cut the cookie into slices. Then bake as per above.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 258
Keywords: Cookies, Chocolate, Cranberry, Dessert, Christmas