Celebrate Christmas with these five ingredient Peppermint Oreo Truffles. Boasting a soft choc mint centre, these Oreo Truffles are covered with dark chocolate and crushed candy canes.
Peppermint Oreo Truffles.
Can you even? I’m so excited it’s the silly season, where peppermint, eggnog and gingerbread rule. But today, it’s all about peppermint, chocolate and Oreos.
These 5 ingredient Peppermint Oreo Truffles boast a soft choc mint centre made from crushed Oreos and cream cheese, and are covered in dark chocolate and candy canes.
Can you say peppermint perfection? ❤️
But Oreo Truffles are truly my jam. This is basically a cheat’s recipe with the filling made from store bought Oreo cookies – but there is no snobbery in my kitchen.
I love easy recipes and this one is gold 👌🏻
These cute truffles are actually a spin off from my favourite Oreo Cheesecake Truffles. But these are extra special because of the minty goodness that comes from within, thanks to a dash of peppermint extract.
The Oreo truffles are then dipped in melted dark chocolate – or you could use milk or white chocolate if you prefer. The final touch? Shards of candy canes for an extra minty crunch.
Oreo Truffles like these are perfect for sharing because they’re super quick and easy to make, AND you can easily double the recipe to make enough for a party. Merry Christmas indeed.
Ooh and if you’re not a big mint fan, try my Oreo Cheesecake Truffles. They’re just as good, I promise.
Peppermint Oreo truffles dipped in dark chocolate.
- 250 grams (approximately 25) plain Oreo cookies
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or essence
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate
- 3 peppermint candy canes
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Crush your candy canes using a mortar and pestle or similar.
- Add Oreo cookies to a food processor and whiz until they turn to fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and peppermint essence whiz again. The mixture should start to stick together.
- Roll small teaspoons of the mixture into balls using your hands and place onto prepared tray. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth.
- One at a time, dip the balls into the chocolate and gently remove using a fork. Shake off the excess chocolate and place back onto the tray. Sprinkle each truffle with crushed candy cane.
- Once the truffles are done, pop them back into the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
Keywords: Chocolate, Peppermint, Truffles, Christmas