Prep: 75 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
Peppermint Oreo truffles dipped in dark chocolate.
- 250 grams (approximately 25) plain Oreo cookies
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or essence
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate
- 3 peppermint candy canes
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Crush your candy canes using a mortar and pestle or similar.
- Add Oreo cookies to a food processor and whiz until they turn to fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and peppermint essence whiz again. The mixture should start to stick together.
- Roll small teaspoons of the mixture into balls using your hands and place onto prepared tray. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth.
- One at a time, dip the balls into the chocolate and gently remove using a fork. Shake off the excess chocolate and place back onto the tray. Sprinkle each truffle with crushed candy cane.
- Once the truffles are done, pop them back into the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
Category: DessertCuisine: American