You’ll want to make these buttery Salted Caramel Fudge Truffles again and again. Dipped in chocolate, these melt-in-your-mouth truffles are so easy to make (and eat).
Caramel + chocolate = truffle HEAVEN.
You’re going to LOVE these gorgeous caramel fudge truffles that – wait for it – are made in the microwave! That’s right! No stove top, no oven, just a bowl, a spoon and a microwave.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make 6 ingredient chocolate caramel truffles.
The buttery caramel filling just about melts-in-your-mouth. Made with rich brown sugar and creamy white chocolate, the fudge itself is absolutely divine. And the only way it could be made even better, is by covering it in dark chocolate #yesplease
For a little decoration, I sprinkled each truffle with crushed peanuts but that is entirely up to you. You could leave them as they are, top them with sprinkles or drizzle with white chocolate.
Whatever you do, you know you are going to enjoy one AMAZING caramel truffle. And nobody will guess just how easy these are to make! Shhh…it can be our little secret!
These Caramel Fudge Truffles do come with a warning though. They are a-d-d-i-c-t-i-v-e. So make them when you are having friends over for a sweet snack or bite-sized dessert.
Do not make them when it’s just you and the cat at home, if you have a raging sweet tooth, because they are completely irresistible 😉 #justsayin
On an unrelated note, has anyone had a candle explode before? I was cooking dinner last night and had a candle lit but it was getting close to the bottom of the wick. Then out of nowhere – BAM.
The whole candle broke into about 4 pieces, while still lit, creating a total fire hazard and marking my wooden table for good. My, oh, my, I had no idea candles were such a dangerous household item!
Easy, fudgy caramel truffles coated in dark chocolate.
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality dark or milk chocolate
- Crushed peanut or hazelnuts, optional
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl (with high sides for splatter), add butter, sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar.
- Heat in the microwave for approximately 3 minutes, stopping to stir every minute. By the end of the 3 minutes, the butter should be completely melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Give the caramel a good stir, then heat for another 3 minutes, making sure you stir every 30 seconds. If you don’t the caramel will get too hot and bubble over – making a mess in your microwave. Keep in mind the caramel is getting very hot, so use an oven mitten to safely get the bowl in and out of the microwave.
- By now, your caramel should be very thick and golden in colour*. Add white chocolate. Give it a good stir to make sure the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Lastly, stir in sea salt.
- Place caramel fudge in the fridge to firm up for at least 3-4 hours.
- Leave the caramel fudge at room temperature for 5 minutes or so. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Scoop out tablespoons of the caramel fudge and roll into a ball using your hands. Dip each ball into the melted dark chocolate. Use a fork to scoop out the ball and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat with remaining caramel fudge truffles. Top each truffle with crushed nuts (if using). Store truffles in the fridge.
*Cooking times may vary. This recipe has been tested using an 100W microwave. You’ll be able to tell your caramel is ready when it thickens and turns golden brown in colour.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 239
Keywords: Chocolate, Caramel, Truffles, Dessert