If you love caramel and cookies, you’re going to fall head over heels for these Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Big, buttery cookie bars with a secret layer of homemade caramel.
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars for the WIN 🙌🏻
Who knew Chocolate Chip Cookies could be even more delicious? With a ribbon of gooey homemade caramel running right through the middle, these Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are next level.
After all chocolate, cookies and caramel are a dream combo, am I right?
With a buttery cookie crust and a soft caramel centre, not to mention all the melt-in-your mouth chocolate, these Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a-mazing.
One bite you and will met with a sweet caramel soaked cookie crumb, and a helping of melted dark chocolate. I’m in chocolate chip cookie HEAVEN. Don’t those chunks of chocolate just make you weak at the knees?
I’m quite obsessed with chocolate chip cookies in ALL forms. I’ve made them big and chunky (remember these?) and extra chewy (here), I’ve stuffed them with Nutella (here they are) and even homemade cookie dough (here).
But now I’ve gone and put gooey, creamy, buttery caramel inside and I’m just feeling all the feels. It’s everything I’ve ever wanted a cookie to be.
Look at that thick, rich centre, spilling over with chocolate. This is definitely a treat for all the true sweet-toothed fans out there. These cookie bars make for a sweet dessert, especially with a scoop of ice cream. Gah!
The best part? There’s no scooping or rolling out the dough. This is an all in one pan kind of endeavour which means it’s easy to make (and eat). I’m totally wishing I had one of these cookies in my hand right now!
So apart from eating all the things, how are you going? It’s less than 2 weeks until our holiday to America and I’m getting to the point where I’m so excited I can’t concentrate on anything. There’s so much to do yet time feels like its stopped 😂
Lately, I’ve also been thinking about what new content I can bring to the blog this year and I’m thinking about talking more about the science of baking. Is that something you’d be interested in? It fascinates me endlessly and I figure anything we can learn that helps us have less fails in the kitchen is a good thing right? Stay tuned x
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Thick chocolate chip cookie bars with a ribbon of homemade caramel running right through the middle.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, plus 2 egg yolks
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) milk or dark chocolate block or bar
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- Prepare an 8-inch square pan by greasing with butter and lining with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat again until combined. Add the egg yolks, one at time, beating to combine. Sift in the flour and baking soda and mix briefly.
- Divide the cookie dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan. Spread it out so it reaches the edges of the pan. Place in the oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, finely chop half the chocolate and add to the remaining cookie dough. Cut the rest of the chocolate into large chunks.
- To make the caramel, add the condensed milk, brown sugar and butter to a small saucepan on medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, until smooth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Pour caramel over baked cookie dough base. Place remaining cookie dough on top. The easiest way to do this is to break it up into pieces and place them all over the top, squeezing the edges together to join. Try to make sure most of the caramel is covered. Press remaining chocolate chunks on top.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Leave a Comment