I’m currently obsessed with ice cream cakes.
I think it was this one that turned me into a true ice cream cake fan. So this Snickers Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Cake has me swooning.
With a thick chocolate peanut brownie bottom, topped with creamy chocolate ice cream loaded with Snickers, it’s a real chocolately treat. The final touch? Swirls of chocolate whipped cream. If you’re looking for an easy cake for chocolate lovers, this one’s for you!
There is something about the magical combination of brownies and ice cream. One smooth and creamy, the other sticky and chewy. It’s what makes this ice cream cake so magical. That and a boatload of Snickers bars.
Once you bake your beautiful chocolate peanut brownie, all you have to do is chop up some Snickers bars and mix them through some chocolate ice cream. Give it a few hours and then you have a gorgeous cake ready to serve.
Right before presenting your cake, add a few swirls of chocolate whipped cream and a few more Snickers. And boom! You are done.
So tell me, how has your week been? I’m so excited because it’s less than two weeks til I’m heading to the USA! It’s been nearly three years since I was there last and I can’t wait to go back.
In my bio, I mentioned that my next trip to the USA would include a visit to Chicago (to go to the Bang Bang Pie Shop of course) and to tour more of the south. And that’s exactly what we’ll be doing! It’s like a dream come true.
I’ve already got my food list all ready, filled with amazing barbecue and burgers, doughnuts and ice cream. But I’d love it if you have any food recommendations for me! Of course, when I get back, I’ll share my favourite foodie places like I did here and here.
Snickers Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Cake
A chocolate Snickers ice cream cake with a fudgy brownie bottom.
- Yield: Makes one 9 inch cake
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts
- 2 litres (8 cups) store bought chocolate ice cream
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Snickers bars, chopped, plus extra for decorating
- 300ml (1 and 1/4 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Grease a round 9 inch springform baking tin and line the bottom with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and the egg yolk. Then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Add peanuts. Pour the brownie batter in the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake brownies for approximately 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- Leave chocolate ice cream to soften at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes. Stir through chopped Snickers bars. Spread ice cream over cooled brownie and smooth over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and pop in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, beat cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Sift in cocoa powder and icing sugar and beat until mixed through and cream is whipped. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe florets around edge of cake. Scatter extra Snickers bars over the top.