Learn how to make one giant Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake. This thick and chewy chocolate cookie is filled to the brim with milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate. Perfect for your next party or celebration!
Did somebody say triple chocolate?
You’re going to love this giant Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake filled to the brim with chocolate. Soft and chewy, with gooey pieces of chocolate in every bite, it’s one dreamy treat.
The best part? You could be digging in to this cookie cake in less than one hour!
I adore cookies, so naturally, a cookie cake is totally my jam. Especially when it looks like this 👆🏻 A cocoa-laden cookie that’s thick and dense and loaded with hand cut pieces of chocolate.
You could use chocolate chips in this recipe but I like chopping up bars of chocolate for bigger pockets of chocolate goodness.
In this cookie, I use my favourite white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate ❤️ Because more is more when it comes to chocolate right?
Here are 5 reasons why you will love this Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake:
- There’s no need to chill the dough, so it’s quick and easy to make
- You can customise with your fave chocolate or candy
- It tastes amazing
- It easily feeds a crowd
- It’s as big as your face
If you love thick and chewy chocolate cookies and want a quick dessert, this Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake is for you!
Tips for making a perfect Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake
- This cookie is super quick and easy to make – I promise!
- Start with room temperature butter – not fridge cold, but not soft and melty. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Then add the vanilla and egg. Followed by the flour, baking soda and cocoa power. The dough should come together to form a sticky chocolate-y cookie dough.
- Then comes the chocolate! This recipe calls for big chunks of milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate. To ensure there’s chocolate in every bite, I recommend chopping blocks of chocolate by hand.
- You can use chocolate chips if that’s all you have on hand, but I find blocks of chocolate go extra soft and gooey when baked.
- Bake your cake for approximately 20 minutes. It should start to firm up on the edges at this stage. It may look at little undercooked but just like cookies, cookie cakes firm up as they cool.
- Cut, slice and enjoy with friends! A scoop of ice cream never hurts either.
More Cookie recipes to try:
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake
- M&M Candy Cookie Pie
- Giant Peanut Butter Cookie
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake packed with chunky pieces of white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Plus extra chocolate chunks for decorating on top
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or two until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder into the mixture and beat briefly. If it’s a little dry, add a tablespoon of milk and then add chocolate pieces.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared cake tin and press down gently into one even layer. Pop a few extra pieces of chocolate on top.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 384
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookie, Cookie cake, White chocolate
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in February 2016.