I was craving peanut butter.
I think it started last weekend when I made and ate too many of those No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars. Regardless, I was on a peanut butter bender and I wanted something sweet and salty that could be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
So I made you One Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie. A thick and chewy peanut butter cookie, bursting with chocolate chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups. Happy Monday!
In case you missed it, I already have two recipes for giant cookies on the site. One is for an M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie and the other, a Triple Chocolate Cookie. But THIS Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie? Hands down my favourite.
There’s just something about that thick, cakey centre that makes me weak at the knees. Then there’s those golden crispy edges, not to mention all the gooey chocolate that comes bursting forth as soon as you take that very first bite.
And did I mention you can make this cookie in minutes? It only takes a few minutes to mix the ingredients together (you don’t even need an electric mixer) and then you just have to shape it into a circle and bake for 12 minutes. That’s IT!
There’s no chilling the dough or rolling out 20 pieces of cookie dough. Only one cookie friends. It’s genius and perhaps good portion control? Or maybe not seeing as the cookie really is as big as your face.
This Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie would also make for a really cool present. If you have a cookie-loving friend, you can bake one and wrap it up for a giant-sized treat. But remember to make one for yourself too!
How was your weekend? I had loads of fun playing with purple frosting (can’t wait to share a new cake recipe with you) and we were also able to spend time at the beach. We discovered a new beach we hadn’t been to before and the water colour was unbelievable. Literally crystal clear, just like the beaches at the beautiful Whitsunday Islands. Sydney, it’s already been 5 months and you still never cease to amaze me!
One Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie, bursting with chocolate chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 large egg, beaten*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus a few extra for decorating
- Reeses peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your butter and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until just melted. Add your brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Then add your peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract and stir.
- Add flour and baking soda and stir. Then add your chocolate chips. Stir until a soft cookie dough forms, then transfer the dough to your cookie sheet. Flatten the dough and spread it out to form one large cookie. Keep in mind it will spread out even more in the oven.
- Press a few extra chocolate chips on top, along with your Reese’s peanut butter cups on top. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely before enjoying!
To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Keywords: Cookies, Peanut butter, Chocolate, Choc chip, Peanut butter cups, Dessert