What do you do when you need a cookie STAT? Make One Giant Triple Chocolate Cookie of course. This cookie is the answer to all your cookie dreams. It’s chewy and crispy and loaded with chocolate, but most importantly it’s HUGE!
Remember when I shared my recipe for One Giant Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie? Well ever since then, I’ve been on a total big cookie bender so I had to follow it with an over-the-top chocolate version! I even made another video to show you JUST how easy this recipe really is!
Picture this – your home alone and you suddenly crave a cookie. But you haven’t softened the butter. And you can’t be bothered to chill the dough. And more importantly, you don’t want 16 cookies in the house because you just might eat them all! #beenthere
Enter One Giant Triple Chocolate Cookie. Ready to eat in 30 minutes. Oh and did I mention it has ALL THE CHOCOLATE? I mean really, why have one type of chocolate when you can have three? I loaded my cookie with white chocolate and dark chocolate but you could add any type of chocolate you want!
There’s something about this cookie that makes me wants me to be 13 again! Can’t you imagine having a sleepover with your girlfriends and making giant cookies? Followed quickly by eating too much cookie and going to bed with a stomachache. Ah, to be 13 again!
One Giant Triple Chocolate Cookie (Video)
One big chocolate cookie that’s chewy and crispy and loaded with milk and white chocolate.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 15 grams (1 tablespoon) caster sugar
- 1/2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 65 grams (1/3 cup + 2 level tablespoons) plain flour
- 7 grams (1 tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) milk, dark or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your butter and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until just melted. Add your brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Then add your egg and vanilla extract and stir.
- Add your plain flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and stir until it starts to form a chocolate dough. Then stir through your chocolate chips. Place the dough on your cookie sheet and spread it out to form one large flat cookie. Keep in mind it will spread out a bit in the oven so don’t make it too big. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool completely before devouring.
- *To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Leave a Comment