Prep: 25 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 37 minutes
One big chocolate cookie that’s chewy and crispy and loaded with milk and white chocolate.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 15 grams (1 tablespoon) caster sugar
- 1/2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 65 grams (1/3 cup + 2 level tablespoons) plain flour
- 7 grams (1 tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) milk, dark or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your butter and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until just melted. Add your brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Then add your egg and vanilla extract and stir.
- Add your plain flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and stir until it starts to form a chocolate dough. Then stir through your chocolate chips. Place the dough on your cookie sheet and spread it out to form one large flat cookie. Keep in mind it will spread out a bit in the oven so don’t make it too big. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool completely before devouring.
- *To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Category: CookiesCuisine: American