Make your loved one a Giant Chocolate Valentine’s Day Cookie this year. Learn how to make one big chocolate cookie stuffed with chocolate chips and topped with colourful Smarties candy.
What says I love you better than a GIANT cookie? 💜
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this gorgeous Valentine’s Day Cookie. One mega cookie filled to the brim with chocolate and candy.
It’s the perfect treat for one (or two)!
I have a serious obsession with giant cookies. While there will ALWAYS been a place in my house for a big batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies, sometimes you only want to make one BIG cookie.
And nothing makes a better gift than a homemade Chocolate Cookie. Forget the flowers or candy this year and give your loved one or bestie the gift of a cookie.
You’ll love this soft and chewy cookie, with its crisp edges and buttery centre – not to mention ALL the chocolate.
Here are five reasons why you’ll love this Giant Valentine’s Day Cookie –
- First, let’s be real. This cookie tastes AWESOME. It’s soft and chewy in the middle, and just a little crispy, and is chocked with chocolate chips.
- It’s SO easy to make. You can have this cookie ready to go in just 30 minutes.
- You only need a handful of ingredients
- It makes just one BIG cookie – perfect for a Valentine’s Day gift or to share with your loved ones
One giant chocolate cookie covered in candy.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 15 grams (1 tablespoon) caster sugar
- 1/2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 65 grams (1/3 cup + 2 level tablespoons) plain flour
- 7 grams (1 tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 45 grams (1/4 cups) pink and purple Smarties or M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper.
- Melt your butter in the microwave until just melted. Add brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Add egg and vanilla and stir.
- Add plain flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and stir until it starts to form a chocolate dough. Then stir through chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on your cookie sheet and spread it out to form one large flat cookie – roughly 6 inches in diameter.
- Press extra chocolate chips and candy on top. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
*To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Keywords: Chocolate cookie, Giant cookie, Valentine's Day cookie