One giant chocolate cookie covered in candy.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 15 grams (1 tablespoon) caster sugar
- 1/2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 65 grams (1/3 cup + 2 level tablespoons) plain flour
- 7 grams (1 tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 45 grams (1/4 cups) pink and purple Smarties or M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper.
- Melt your butter in the microwave until just melted. Add brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Add egg and vanilla and stir.
- Add plain flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and stir until it starts to form a chocolate dough. Then stir through chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on your cookie sheet and spread it out to form one large flat cookie – roughly 6 inches in diameter.
- Press extra chocolate chips and candy on top. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
*To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Keywords: Chocolate cookie, Giant cookie, Valentine's Day cookie