One Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie, bursting with chocolate chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 large egg, beaten*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus a few extra for decorating
- Reeses peanut butter cups
Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl add your butter and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until just melted. Add your brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Then add your peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract and stir.
Add your plain flour and baking soda and stir. Then add your chocolate chips. Stir until a soft cookie dough forms, then transfer the dough to your cookie sheet. Flatten the dough and spread it out to form one large cookie. Keep in mind it will spread out even more in the oven. Press a few extra chocolate chips on top, along with your Reese’s peanut butter cups on top. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely before enjoying!
To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Keywords: Cookies, Peanut butter, Chocolate, Choc chip, Peanut butter cups, Dessert