This M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake is perfect for your next celebration or birthday. Thick and chewy, this giant chocolate cookie is loaded with chopped chocolate and M&M candy.
Did somebody order a Chocolate Cookie Cake? 🍪
Well here it is! A thick and chewy double chocolate cookie cake stuffed with chocolate and M&M’s. It’s the childhood dream right?
If you love cookies but are over having to wait to chill the dough or roll out cookie dough, this giant no-fuss M&M Chocolate Cookie is FOR YOU.
One of the most popular cookie recipes on the blog is my M&M Candy Cookie Pie. I think one of the reasons people love it is because it’s e-a-s-y. And buttery. And delicious.
So it’s about time I made a chocolate version.
And this M&M Chocolate Cookie does not disappoint. It’s big and thick and cocoa-laden with plenty of mix-in’s for good measure.
I love a cookie cake. I don’t really know if they’re in fashion anymore but they still have a special place in my heart.
For one thing, they’re downright delicious. And they’re big and beautiful. And perfect for sharing.
For this M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake, you’ll need an electric mixer. But the cookie dough itself comes together in about 15 minutes.
There’s no need to chill the dough, since you’re baking the cookie dough in a cake tin and you don’t need to worry about the cookie dough spreading too much.
This M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake is extra thick and soft and sweet with crispy, crunchy edges.
It’s stuffed with M&M candy. But the chocolate doesn’t stop there. I also add loads of hand cut pieces of dark chocolate. You can add chocolate chips if you prefer.
Then it’s time to bake the cookie cake before cutting and serving. You can serve your cookie cake with a big scoop of ice cream or you can frost your cake to make it more like a cake.
If you like big, thick, chunky cookies, you’ll LOVE this M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking.
Deliciously thick and chewy M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a 9-inch springform cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and continue to beat until soft and creamy.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Gently mix until cookie dough comes together. Add a tablespoon or two of milk to make the cookie dough lovely and soft.
- Throw in the M&M’s and chocolate and fold through. Place the dough into your prepared tin and spread out as evenly as possible. Press extra M&M’s on top.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Try not to overcook as you want it soft and gooey in the middle. Leave to cool before slicing and serving.