My latest obsession: Cookie Pies! 🍪
I love cookies in ALL shapes and sizes, but this M&M Candy Cookie Pie is my new favourite way to cure my cookie cravings. Buttery cookie dough? Check. Dozens of M&M’s? Check. Handfuls of chocolate chips? Check. This just might be the biggest and best cookie ever!
If you like a cookie with a gooey centre but crunchy edges, then this is the cookie pie for you. The centre is soft and chewy and just about melts in your mouth, but the crust is golden and crispy. Bliss!
This cookie pie is so easy to make and really quick too, since there’s no chilling the dough or rolling out the cookie dough into balls. Plus you don’t have to worry about the cookies spreading too thin – you are just guaranteed a beautiful huge cookie.
It is ideal for sharing with friends or for a fun birthday celebration. The generous amount of M&M candy gives it that extra pop of colour, so kids (and the young at heart) will LOVE it. A scoop of vanilla ice cream on top sure wouldn’t hurt #justsaying.
My only advice is to be careful not to over bake your cookie cake, as it tastes best when it’s under baked and a little gooey in the middle. Fresh from the oven with a cold glass of milk? Yes please!
I hope you had a great weekend! Can’t believe it’s Monday again! We tried a new Lebanese restaurant on the weekend and I have to say, I’m a little obsessed with falafel. Have you ever tried it? I don’t know why but it’s SO GOOD. I must learn how to make it at home.
Giant buttery cookie pie with crisp golden edges and a soft centre loaded with chocolate chips and M&M candy.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup 0r stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 (360 F). Grease and line a 9 inch springform cake tin. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla extract and egg and continue to beat until soft and creamy. Sift in the flour and baking soda. Gently mix until cookie dough comes together.
- Throw in the M&M’s and chocolate chips and fold through. Place all the dough into your prepared tin and spread out as even as possible. Press extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on top. Place in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Try not to overcook as you want it soft and gooey in the middle. Leave to cool before slicing and serving.