It’s cookie dough time! ❤️
I’ve been on a little bit of a cookie dough bender of late (remember these?), so it’s no wonder these Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Dough Balls are my new fave.
A bite-sized treat guaranteed to please peanut butter and chocolate lovers everywhere. Made with soft peanut butter cookie dough loaded with chocolate chips and covered in rich dark chocolate, they’re one satisfying sweet treat.
These peanut butter truffles really are amazing. You’ll love their creamy texture that comes from the buttery cookie dough and the dark chocolate shell helps to cut through the sweetness. And just like my Funfetti Cookie Dough, they’re egg-free.
If you love an easy no bake treat, these truffles have your name on them. You can whip them up in seconds (and gobble them up in minutes) and they’re perfect for sharing.
Once you make the cookie dough, all you have to do is roll them into balls and dip them in chocolate. If you love the stripes on my truffles, you can microwave a little extra peanut butter and drizzle it over the top. Dee-licious!
However, if you’re running short on time, or simply can’t be bothered with rolling and dipping, try my No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars. They’re super similar (and also taste amazing) but with added Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top because, well, why not?
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough truffles covered in dark chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cups) of dark chocolate melts
- 2 or 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, for drizzling
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside. Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars until combined. Add vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter and flour. If the mixture is a little dry, add milk. Stir through chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls (approximately 1 tablespoon) and place onto prepared tray. Continue with all the dough. Gently cover the balls with plastic wrap and then place in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate over the stove by placing a saucepan on a medium heat with a few inches of water in the bottom. Place a heatproof bowl over the top, ensuring the bottom of it does not touch the water. Pop all the chocolate melts in the bowl and gently stir until fully melted. Once the chocolate is smooth and glossy, remove the saucepan (bowl and all) from the stove and keep the bowl sitting on top of the saucepan. The warm water underneath will ensure the chocolate stays smooth and loose.
- Grab cookie dough from the freezer. Dip cookie dough in melted chocolate, swirl it around until fully coated and then gently lift it out with a fork. Give it a little shake to remove the excess chocolate and then pop it onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining cookie dough, then place into the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- To decorate, microwave peanut butter until smooth and drizzle over the top using a teaspoon.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 218
Keywords: Peanut butter, Chocolate, Truffles, Cookie dough, Dessert