Reasons I love cookie dough 💜
1 It’s delicious. 2 It’s easy. 3 It goes with EVERRRRYTHING. I can’t wait to show you how to make my edible funfetti cookie dough. My recipe comes complete with white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips AND sprinkles! It’s the perfect sweet treat.
These cookie dough balls are egg-free and safe to eat just as they are. They make for the perfect snack or after-dinner sweet. Or you can pop them in a pint of vanilla ice cream or dunk them in chocolate and make cookie dough truffles. #justsaying
My secret weapon in this cookie dough? Brown sugar! It adds a delicious caramel-like flavour and once you add in chocolate chips and sprinkles to the cookie dough, you have an easy sweet that just can’t be beat. #poet
I mean when is cookie dough EVER a bad idea? Never ever. I’m a huge cookie dough fan and just recently saw there are places opening up that JUST sell cookie dough, and cookie dough-related treats. Umm yes please!!!
If these cookie dough balls look a little familiar, it’s because I actually posted the original recipe back in 2015. Buuut my photography has improved so I wanted to repost them with some better photos. Annnd I wanted an excuse to make some 😂
This weekend, we took a road trip to the Blue Mountains. I had never been but it’s one of those places that always makes it to the top of the tourist attraction list. So we thought we’d better tick it off the bucket list. And it really is a beautiful place. We were able to do some stunning bush walks, admire waterfalls and eat good food (of course).
Can you believe today is actually our 1 year anniversary of moving to Sydney? I can’t believe we’ve been here for 365 days. I can still vividly remember arriving that first night, after a 12 hour drive. We sat on our airbed in an empty apartment and wondered what our new city was going to be like.
Well I can now say year one has been filled with sunny days at the beach, road trips to newfound places, countless eating adventures at cafes, restaurants and coffee bars and amazing dinner dates with new friends. Sydney, you’re all right.
Egg-free cookie dough filled with colourful funfetti pieces and chunks of white and milk chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) white chocolate chips
- Line a cookie tray with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars using an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add your vanilla and beat again. Sift in your flour, add milk and beat briefly until a soft dough forms. Then stir in sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Roll teaspoon of cookie dough into balls and set them onto your prepared tray. Once you have finished with all the dough, pop the tray into the fridge for about 10 minutes or until the cookie dough becomes firm.
You can eat these chilled straight from the fridge, or you can let them come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes, if you prefer your cookie dough soft. Either way, they’re delicious!