Calling all peanut butter lovers!
I have a peanut buttery treat for you! These M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are loaded with creamy peanut butter and also stuffed with M&M’s AND chocolate chips.
This delicious cookie bar combines three of my favourite things, cookies, peanut butter, chocolate and candy – oh, wait. FOUR of my favourite things!
Are you hungry yet? Because I am! Staring at these M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars is bringing back very sweet memories. You see, there is not a crumb left behind. But I can tell you, they were good. Really good.
The cookie dough is extra buttery and creamy thanks to the peanut butter and the M&M candy adds a lovely crunch with melty chocolate chips dotted throughout.
If I was in America, I would have tried these with Peanut Butter M&M’s – I miss them!
M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars loaded with creamy peanut butter and also stuffed with peanut M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a 8 inch baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it is pale and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and continue to beat until soft and creamy. Stir in the peanut butter. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Gently fold until the dough starts to come together.
- Throw in the chocolate chips and M&M’s and fold through. Place all the dough into your prepared tin and press down and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Press a few extra M&M’s and chocolate chips onto the top of the cookie cake. Place in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 319
Keywords: Peanut butter, cookie bars, M&M's, Candy, Cookie