Buttery M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. These delicious cookie bars come together in minutes and are filled to the brim with peanut butter, M&M candy and chocolate chips.
Calling all peanut butter lovers!
I have a buttery treat for you! These M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are loaded with creamy peanut butter and stuffed with M&M’s AND chocolate chips.
This delicious cookie bar combines three of my favourite things – cookies, peanut butter, chocolate and candy – oh, wait. Make that four!
You’ll be pleased to know these M&M Peanut Butter Bars take only minutes to make. There’s no need to chill the dough so they are ready to eat in under an hour.
The cookie dough is extra buttery and creamy thanks to the peanut butter and the M&M candy adds a lovely crunch, along with melty chocolate chips dotted throughout the entire thing.
How to make M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- These cookie bars are so easy to make. There’s no need to chill the dough so they are ready in under an hour. You will need an electric mixer for this recipe.
- Start with room temperature butter. It should be soft to the touch but not melty by any means. Beat together your butter and brown sugar until combined and creamy – should take just a minute or two.
- Next, add your vanilla and peanut butter. I recommend using a full fat processed peanut butter for this recipe rather than a natural-style one (such as Bega, Skippy or Jif).
- Then, add your egg. Your mixture should be nice and creamy now. Finally, add your flour, baking powder and salt and mix together until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Then it’s time to add your mix-in’s. Throw in plenty of chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Transfer your cookie dough to an 8-inch square baking pan lined with baking or parchment paper. And bake in the oven for approximately 28-30 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Leave cookie bars to cool completely in the baking tin, before removing and slicing into squares to serve.
More peanut butter recipes to try
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Peanut Butter Cake
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
M&M Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Buttery cookie bars made with peanut butter and stuffed with M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter*
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix briefly to combine.
- Add egg and continue to mix until soft and creamy. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Gently fold until the dough starts to come together.
- Throw in the chocolate chips and M&M’s and fold through. Place all the dough into your prepared tin and press down and spread out as evenly as possible using the back of a spoon or a small spatula.
- Place in the oven for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the cake pan before cutting into squares.
Peanut butter: I tested this recipe with processed peanut butter, such as Bega, Jif or Skippy. I recommend it over a natural-style peanut butter that has a more oily texture.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in March 2016.
Leave a Comment