You’ll love these buttery Peanut Butter Blondies. Made from scratch, these easy one bowl blondies are packed with peanut butter, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
You’re going to fall head over heels for these buttery Peanut Butter Blondies. Made from scratch, using only a handful of ingredients, they’re easy, quick and completely moreish.
Peanut butter lovers will go crazy for this sweet treat!
I love blondies. And my White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies are one of the most popular recipes on my blog – so I know you do too.
And what do you get when you combine a sweet treat like Blondies with peanut butter? Something heavenly!
And the fact they can be made with only a handful of ingredients – and you don’t even need an electric mixer – makes them all the more irresistible.
When I first developed this recipe, I had a hard time getting the texture just right. To me, I don’t want my blondies to be cookies (even though we all know cookies are 100% my weakness).
The need to be somewhat soft and fudgy, buttery and sweet, just like their cousin, the brownie. And these Peanut Butter Blondies are all of the above.
To make these Peanut Butter Blondies EVEN better, we add a whole cup of chocolate chips and plenty of mini marshmallows.
Because if you didn’t know, peanut butter and marshmallows are a delicious match 💙
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
- You’ll love how easy these blondies are to make! You don’t even need an electric mixer – just a bowl and spoon.
- I recommend using a full fat processed peanut butter, like Bega, Jif or Skippy, not the natural kind.
- I also recommend weighing out your dry ingredients, like your flour, using a kitchen scale. Blondies rely on the careful ratio of butter to flour. Too much flour and your blondies will be hard and more cookie-like, too little, and they’ll be oily and wet.
- Add plenty of chocolate chips. I love to also add mini marshmallows, but these are optional – still delicious without them.
- You’ll know your blondies are cooked when they turn golden brown, especially on the edges and no longer wobble in the middle.
- They will be very soft when they first come out of the oven, so let them cool completely in the pan before slicing.
Buttery Peanut Butter Blondies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, melted
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter*
- 225 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 30 grams (1/2 cup) mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter. Then add peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs and gently whisk together.
- Add flour and baking powder. Stir until smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir again.
- Pour blondie batter into prepared tin, smooth the top and place in the oven. Bake blondies for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave in pan to cool completely – blondies will firm up as they cool. Cut into squares to serve.
*I recommend using a full fat processed peanut butter like Bega, Skippy and Jif.