Tell me I’m not the only one around here who has had a bland blondie? I used to think they were a brownie’s boring cousin but boy was I WRONG. These golden beauties are packed with flavour! Granted they are a little more subtle than a chocolate filled brownie but their buttery caramel flavour comes through loud and clear.
Packed with crunchy pecans and a few chocolate chips for good measure, they are the real deal my friend. If you have ever been disappointed with blondies before, you need to try these!
One of the best things about blondies is they are super simple, coming together with only a handful of ingredients. So where does the flavour come from? Mainly from the butter and brown sugar, which once creamed together creates a naturally caramel-like flavour.
Add a touch of good quality vanilla, egg and flour and you are almost done. They are also easily customisable depending on your favourite mix-ins – or let’s be real, whatever you have in the pantry at the time. But I can HIGHLY recommend trying these with pecans and chocolate chips.
Is it just me or is Christmas coming up a little too fast? Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas. Truly love it! But I haven’t even started (or thought about) my Christmas shopping yet. Does anyone feel me?
Between moving house and my husband graduating university for the second time, Christmas has well and truly taken a back seat. Instead, I just keep thinking about all the Christmas-themed recipes I want to make! At least my family and friends will be well-fed if nothing else! 😉
Easy Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies packed with crunchy pecans and chocolate chips, boasting a beautiful buttery caramel flavour.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) pecans, chopped
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tray with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and brown sugar until combined – be generous as this will help develop that lovely buttery caramel flavour, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add your vanilla and egg and mix again until combined. Sift in your flour and mix gently with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula. Then throw in the pecans and chocolate chips and gently fold through the batter.
- Transfer your mixture into your prepared baking tin and pop into the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 175
Keywords: Blondies, Chocolate, Pecans